Incredible useless overseas?...Support

Last Updated:

1. cfmistry

cfmistry Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I am overseas in Prague right now and I brought my DInc so that I could use the Wifi in my hotel. I only switch the network to "Home Only" - I am not on plane mode. Turns out the phone is pretty much useless - Sense freezes constantly, the phone is disasterously slow, and if the screen times out I have to pull the battery out and restart it (it cannot come out of a lock screen). Has anyone else had these issues? The phone was working fine before I left. It seems that the phone cannot function without the phone connected or a 3G signal.

Thanks,
    -Cyrus

Advertisement
  2. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

3. question729

question729 Well-Known Member

Strange. I used mine overseas with only wifi after only a week of using it with full functionality back when it launched. It was an invaluable tool. Where my netbook couldn't get anything, the Incredible was able to squeeze something out of the weak wifi signal they were broadcasting in the hotel.

4. skidawg

skidawg New Member

I've used mine overseas on wi-fi without any problems. I just put the phone in airplane mode and then made sure wi-fi was turned on. (and yes, you can have wi-fi on when in airplane mode) It worked just as fast as usual...