1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Incredible v.s Droid X v.s Fascinate v.s Droid 2General

Last Updated:

1. true

true Well-Known Member

so while i was waiting around the verizon store to make a purchase and complain about the 3g problem, i had a little time to download Quadrant and do some benchmarking.

here are the results!

Droid X: 1264
    Incredible (2.2): 1159
    Fascinate: 902
    Droid 2: 777

i think its laughable both at how the ALL NEW AND MASSIVELY IMPROVED DROID X is hardly above the "out of date" Incredible. also, how pathetic the Droid 2 is. 777. I dont even know where to begin.

proofs in the puddin'

Droid X:
    [​IMG]
    http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/9232/imag0029p.jpg

Incredible:
    [​IMG]
    http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6353/imag0032.jpg

Fascinate:
    [​IMG]
    http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6532/imag0030n.jpg

Droid 2:
    [​IMG]
    http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/914/imag0033rr.jpg

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    ganatu likes this.
  2. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

yea but, did the Dinc have 2.2 on it and the X 2.1?
  3. true

true Well-Known Member

well played sir.
  4. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I will take a little slower phone that can be overclocked and custom ROM. than a big fat X
  5. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

honestly the results from these test are all over the map so its not something i would really even concern myself about on any phone
  6. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

waist of time......

thanks though:rolleyes:
  7. true

true Well-Known Member

waste.

and i would figure, considering theyre four totally different phones, i think that would have an effect on the results.

thats why theyre all over the board.

i didnt do this to be conclusive. just had time on my hands and thought the results would be interesting..
    ..which they are.
  8. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

Interesting= No
    Waste= Yes

Quadrant is useless and has no real bearing on how these devices really perform. Whats laughable is anyone that puts any stock in quadrant.
  9. howarmat

right, i can run it 3 times on my phone and they will vary 300 from each other. It can be decent sometimes if you run it enough to get an estimate but even still its not scientific at all really.
  10. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Look at that screen on the Fas! It's really sweet stuff :)
  11. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

It has SOME bearing if you plan on gaming, that's about it... (note, I said SOME)

And honestly, it's a PHONE. If you want a mobile gaming device, buy a DS
  12. true

true Well-Known Member

lol jeez man. i turn around and these kids are trying to tear me a new one.

if you dont like this thread, dont read it?
    logical enough.

i never claimed "QUADRANT HAS THE FINAL SAY ON EVERY PHONE NO MATTER WHAT!"

AGAIN..
    this was just FYI.
    interesting.

if you hate it, carry on.
  13. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Not apples to apples, this here comparison (though I like the layout). The Fascinate is 2.1 and also has a lag issue due to a Wiz problem, but there is a fix for it. I have an Inc with 2.2 and non-OC'd BFS kernel. My average is 1200.... if the benchmarks can be trusted in the first place. I still suggest they are a placebo- to some degree.

Still I can keep running it (not backing out and killing the task) and get upper 1300's and then post that as my number- like a lot people do ;) In fact, though my scores are usually around 1200 average, I just now got a 1371 average after running concurrent tests and not backing out of the app :) I guess I will post THAT as my score ;)

Did the global warming alarmists use similar testing methods?? Oh yeah, sorry- that did not pan out, so they are now trying to brand it, "climate disruption" ;)

Average running concurrent and not backing out = 1371

Average backing out and killing the app = 1200

BTW, that low number for the D2 is an outlier by about 400 points from other tests- again assuming the benchmarks are accurate or Ghost Hunter level accurate (not real). BTW, no offense to Quandrant, since not implying the same quasi-silliness as GHs.
  14. TheXFactor

The larger question is, do most users care?
  15. howarmat

most users wont care, but it seems that when people load a new rom, kernel etc this is the first test they run and then brag about how great the kernel or rom is. So while many people turn to the app for comparisons, its really not a true test
  16. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

So in summary: Sugar pills are GOOD! :) ;)
  17. Fine69

Fine69 Well-Known Member

quadrant is all over the board on my phone. I think it depends what 2.2 chose to open and run in background. personally I could care less. Droid phone is solid so droid is a nice choice fascinate felt plasticy and droid X won fit in my pocket and I sure am not putting it on my belt.
  18. CruiserC50

CruiserC50 Member

I guess I am in the minority...I found it interesting. Thanks for posting.
  19. true

true Well-Known Member

i have a large question..

..if you disagree with this post so much..
    ..why do you keep coming back?

you dont HAVE to read whats going on in here.
    what, you read "X" and wanted in?

all in all, for the third time i'll conclude with saying these tests are NOT intended to be conclusive, factual, or definite.
  20. TheXFactor

What, are you the forum nazi? You don't like my posts? Just move along. :rolleyes:
  21. true

true Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:
  22. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

i ran quadrant on my boss' stock D2 with froyo and it returned 1393, which beat my rooted droid incredible with stock 2.2 so....
  23. TheXFactor

24. poster55

poster55 Active Member

Really? 1156? *uploads screenshot* My incredible tested higher than the X... go figure >.>

Attached Files:

25. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member

Interesting thread. My D2 tested the following:

1050 - From cold start
    1438 - From cold start

Thanks for starting this thread.