Incredible vs Droid vs iphone 3G web browsing speed testGeneral

Last Updated:

1. matt20971

matt20971 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So i was out the other night with a few friends and we decided to race our phones going to various web sites. We laid all three phones down in a triangle next to each other. We would all type in the same web site and hit go at the same time. My incredible was killing them. Compared to the droid, the incredible would load the site about 5 seconds faster. The iphone was not even close. One site took about 15 to 20 seconds longer to load on the iPhone. They were shocked at how fast the incredible was. I am so glad I have this phone!

Advertisement
  2. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

The stock browser really IS damn snappy, I'll agree. Sure, connection speed is a big factor, but how quickly the browser renders is a big part of it as well.

3. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Well-Known Member

Did you clear your cache first, or at least visit websites that none of the phones had been to?

4. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Well-Known Member

The iPhone 3G is ancient and the 3GS is pretty old too... the iPhone 4 should be slightly faster than the Incredible, probably comparable to the Galaxy S which is using a more power efficient and powerful CPU.

5. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

this browser is way faster than my omnia was... skyfire on the omnia was faster but not like the inc's stock browser

6. khaos

khaos Member

honestly I have tried the other browsers and I acknowledge each has strong points and uses but the stock browser is really barebones and fast, great for quick look ups and forays into the interwebs......

7. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

Download speedtest.net and have your iPhone friend(s) do the same; then compare actually speeds. I did this today with my coworker and his iPhone. The Verizon 3G network is way faster than ATT: about double the download and upload speeds. Not sure what ATT is claiming when they say "the fastest 3G network".