• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible vs Eris comparison

Just thought I'd throw in my $0.02.

Everyone that has an Incredible is going to say that the Eris sucks horse d*ck. I had an Eris for about a year. Kept it stock for the longest time. After rooting the Eris, it felt like having a brand new phone.

The only reason I have an Incredible right now, is that I found one pretty dirt cheap. To find one cheap AND not have to extend your contract... no brainer.

Anyway, yeah, the Incredible blows the Eris out of the water. On the other hand, I still don't think that the Eris should be considered a POS phone. One thing that comes to mind about the Eris. After rooting it AND resetting the battery stats, I'd get 2 full days of battery life with wifi on about half the time.

Upvote 0
Don't get me wrong, I loved my Eris, it was a great phone for me. But compaired to the Inc it's not even comparable. If I didn't jump all over the Best Buy Free Phone Friday I know I'd be kicking myself in the ass. I got the Inc for free, used an upgrade from my family plan that was eligible since '07 and got to keep my NE2 on my line. So I got the Inc for free and can keep it however long I want and have the ability to still go out and get a new phone tomorrow If I so choose. No matter how much love I have/had for the Eris this was a no brainer

Upvote 0
Eh, I think the gap between the Incredible and the Eris is a bit more significant than that between the Blossom actress and Adriana Lima...

mayim-bialik-2008.jpg
adriana_lima_smallphoto_002.jpg

I think you are insane. :eek:

Upvote 0
My girlfriends sister has an eris, I rooted it put kayosfroyo on it and overclocked it to 748. I can say the phone is very snappy, webpages load fast google maps works just fine the only real lag is switching from app to app but other than that if you root the eris and but froyo on it, it's a great little phone. remember it has the same processor as the ifail 3G.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones