Incredible vs. Future iphone 4gGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, like most of you reading this, I am patiently (or impatiently) waiting for the release of the incredible.

I've been eyeing a smartphone for quite some time and have been frankly very tempted by the iphone. I am a recent mac convert and love using my unibody macbook pro, my ipod touch and other mac gear. I'm also however a huge google fan. gmail, wave, google voice, search, google reader etc.

What had kept me from making the jump to the iphone was frankly the prohibitive cost (I am a graduate student) and the fact that I get no ATT signal inside my laboratory where I spend 8-16 hours a day.

In this, android offers me the possiblity of a smart phone on the verizon network that has signal in my lab and saves me some dough by being on my family plan.

I was very excited to finally see the nexus one beat out the 3gs speed wise. Webpages load quicker and the phone feels just as snappy. What concerns me is that the 1ghz nexus one, only marginally beats out the 600mhz iphone 3gs. To me this demonstrates a more optimized iphone OS vs the arguably more capable but more demanding android OS.

I'm now looking at the 1ghz ipad reviews and videos and the thing seems like it flies.

What will happen when a month or two after we get the incredible in our hands, apple releases a 1ghz 960x640 iphone HD. Will the incredible be able to compete at all or will we be left in the dust?

I'm still leaning towards android for the simple fact that a cell phone without signal is no better than a rock and even rumors of a verizon iphone are december at the earliest.

However, I must admit that I keep a jealous eye on whatever apple has coming.

What are your thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Honestly I think that the Iphone 4g is going to be faster then the Nexus One. But the Nexus One "IMO" is still the better phone.
    One of the biggest reason I think this is , is the fact that Andoroid will run multiple applications at the same time where as the Iphone (if I'm not mistaken) will just run one at a time. So in theory it almost will always fun quicker considering it's not running as much. Also the Apple OS while being very restricitive does it's thing pretty well
    While AT&T doesn't have as much 3g coverage as Verizon when you have a perfect signal on both AT&T is faster