Incredible w/o Sence?General

Last Updated:

1. rcicu

rcicu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What are the chances that we will be able to disable sense or port the Nexus One ROM to the INC to remove Sense?

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. gatorjm7

gatorjm7 Well-Known Member

You should be able to disable Sense without porting a ROM. I've read it's just like a theme and can be disabled. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3. rcicu

That's what I would have thought but from some other forums I have heard there were issues doing that... I would think that you could replace it with Home++ or Helix...

4. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

No you cannot not on the incredible, its integrated and no longer is just a skin. However i suggest giving senseui a try and see how you like it. I'm willing to bet that once you use it you'll really get to like how it works and what it has to offer. Of course once a rooted rom comes out i'm sure there will be ones with the senseui removed, but thats hard to speculate.

rcicu likes this.
  5. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

You wouldn't be replacing it, you would be overlaying with yet another layer, which would further decrease its performance. The only reason to not have senseui is if you feel you'll get better preformance without it or just can't stand using it.

6. rcicu

my only experience w/ Sense is on the Eris and it wasn't bad but I preferred the Helix launcher!

7. vaaz86

vaaz86 Member

But why would you want to get rid of sence, its so pretty

8. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

From all the reviews I've read it seems as though Sense on 2.1 is kick ass. I don't like Sense on the Hero, but that is also running an older version of Android, so 2.1 plus the modifications Sense has done seems like it's a crowd pleaser.

9. b00sted4fun

b00sted4fun Well-Known Member

it is built in but as soon as root comes i can only assume that nexus rom is going to be ported over.

10. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

You gotta understand also the incredible has alot more power under the hood, so your experience might be alot better this time around. Its also been revamped and i'm sure they listened to the gripes of their customers when implementing new features. Personally i'd give it a chance, i know i love it and have no plans on ever being without it. I had my eris rooted and chose a rom mainly because it kept senseui intact while reskinning the interface to be better looking.