• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible won't boot, stuck at white HTC screen

inKRbl

Sep 9, 2010
Got the WSOD on a non-rooted, stock 2.2 incredible last night. Pulling the battery is the only way to turn it off. Recovery and Factory Reset from hboot manager hang at the htc white screen. Clear Storage also goes straight to the white screen. If turned off it'll charge. SD card is not corrupted.

Phone was in close proximity to an iphone 3g for maybe an hour. (We'd been comparing the screens then the iphone was placed on top of the incredible while we ate dinner.) Noticed that phone was at the white screen. Battery was not warm. No signs of external damage.

Either this is totally random, or the RF from the iphone managed to fry something. A replacement is on the way.

Well that proves once and for all that iphones suck the fun out of everything.

You could try placing a full system IMG on the SD card, formatted to FAT32. It autoloads in hboot instead of having to access recovery. But since a replacement is on the way, maybe you'd rather not mess with it. You'd have to use a card reader to gain access of course since the phone is on the fritz.

Upvote 0
In case anyone winds up here, my experience was that nothing was bringing back that phone. It would hang at the first white "HTC Incredible" screen. I tried a clear, a reset, a recovery, using the PBIMG31.zip on a FAT32 sd (loaded, but wouldn't boot/install/recover). I gave it a good go!

I shall keep the new phone further away from iphones...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones