Incredible's AMOLED screen vs Evo larger LCDGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mobilehavoc

mobilehavoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have an Incredible and a friend just got the Evo. I also went to HTC's Evo launch party in NYC so I've had my fair share of time with it and I have to say, IMHO, I was shocked at the difference in AMOLED vs LCD.

I never really gave much thought to it and I always thought it wouldn't really make a difference but HOLY COW.

It was the first and glaring thing to me whenever comparing the phones. Everything from the home screen to widgets to photos, videos, web sites. It was quite dramatic. The LCD on the Evo always looked kind of washed out since I've become used to the AMOLED.

The viewing angles, crispness, deep blacks and color saturation on the AMOLED is a huge win for me that I'm really appreciating. Just thought I'd pass that along

Advertisement
    GrandMasterB, beefyy and necosino like this.
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this the OLED is just gorgeous and saturated I love it! LCD very washed out a constant haze over the screen. The whole "direct sunlight" thing I don't get I mean no phone I have ever owned is viewable in direct noonday sunlight :p

necosino likes this.
  3. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

The viewing angle on the EVO is garbage.

4. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

I conducted a very unscientific test the other day (saturday) with my inc and my fathers new evo in direct sunlight (a beautiful 110 degree sunny Az. day) and had a both phones in my hands. When in shade the evo wasn't as crisp as my inc. and when in direct sunlight they both had the same amount of visibility. Both had brightness turned all the way up and both were visible (and functional) in direct sunlight. I really don't understand the issue people have with amoled in sunlight, it's really is the same as other phones and a non-issue to me.

jbdan likes this.
  5. dsb9938

dsb9938 Well-Known Member Developer

Some people just need to complain.

misterzeno likes this.
  6. kibble

kibble Well-Known Member

QFT!

I have had no issues using my DInc in the sunlight when needed for things like checking on something, making a call or texting. I don't see why people complain about "watching videos while in direct sunlight". Seriously...do you seriously NEED to watch videos in direct sunlight? Unless you really have no other choice while you're out in the middle of some desert and it's imperative that you watch some survival video or your face is sunshine reflecting off the screen every time you use the phone, it's really not that bad. :rolleyes:

7. TPR300C

TPR300C Well-Known Member

To anyone who ever complains about their screen not being visible in the sun I have one question, what do you know that is brighter than the SUN?

jamor and jbdan like this.
  8. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

My smile :)

Randino likes this.
  9. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

lol right on!

10. TPR300C

TPR300C Well-Known Member

Post a picture or its a lie! LoL

11. renesis22

renesis22 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the display on the EVO is that same as the Motorola Droid's (besides the size difference)? I played around with my friend's Droid and immediately it felt like there was a smokescreen on the display. I was actually excited to look at my Incredible's screen when I got it back :p