• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Incredibly bad battery life

cornelljdavis

Nov 15, 2011
I can't even get 45 minutes of screen on time. According to gsam battery saver I lost 1% every 2 seconds. And that's with everything off except gps even that is on battery savings mode. And the sceen is off all the time mainly because I can't use it. If I started at 100% at 8am it'll be at 50 probably by 830 or less. That's with 50 brightness and display timeout 15 seconds. I honestly don't know what else can be done. The battery looks good but maybe it's life cycle ran down very low and I need a replacement.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix it? I tried the basics I'm no noob so anything advanced is what I'm considering now.

I'm using the s3 on boost mobile on singualtary or however you spell it rom.. I also tried different roms and versions..nothing works.
Sounds to me like there is a short in the battery. You might need a new battery. You could try charging it take it out of the phone for a few hours put it back in the phone and see what percentage is that if it lost any the battery is no good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones