Incredibly Handy!!General

Last Updated:

1. Twiz

Twiz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The weather alert for sever thunderstorm warning popped up on my Incredible while I was just finishing up my shopping at the local grocery store. 2 seconds later... BOOM! ... thunder.

I checked out and stepped out the door to see a torrential downpour! Everyone was looking bewildered with their full carts. I pulled up the Weather Channel radar map and we were on the leading edge of the storm. Some people got impatient and made a run for it but I waited until the radar showed it was going to slow down a bit.

Approximately 30 minutes later it was a little better, just heavy rain at that point so I made a run for the car. All in all, my groceries got a bit wet and I felt like I just took a shower but at least I didn't run when it was storming with high winds!

Almost forgot to mention, I passed the time taking photos and videos of the storm and posting them to facebook! Have I told you that I love my Incredible?

Advertisement
  2. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Not for nothing but I don't care if there is a tornado who the hell waits out a storm at a store for an extra 30 minutes?

Man up and make a run for it.

Or if you're a female...still make a run for it. :p Dinner has to be on the table at a certain time! ;) Tik-tok!

3. rkaplins

rkaplins Member

LOL, I understand what the OP was saying but I totally agree with you Hand. I was thinking the same thing.

4. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Where do you two live? In some areas you really have to wait it out.. even if you get to your car with your now ruined groceries. It can be so bad you cant even drive.

That being said I have never waited in that kinda situation... Except one time it got really bad while I was on my motorcycle and had to stop at a gas station and wait it out.

5. AndyLL

AndyLL Well-Known Member

Who cares about the ruined groceries... he had a DInc to protect.

6. Twiz

Twiz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes I did protect my Incredible safely inside my purse. Even though I waited thirty minutes, I still ended up with a soaking wet box of cereal. The other stuff was canned foods and such. As I loaded them into my car the water just ran off the bags and made my carpeted trunk all wet. Tomorrow, I'm going to open it and let it dry out. Yes, the rain was that bad that I didn't want my food or my trunk ruined. I live near Pittsburgh, PA. On the way home the roads were covered in places with HUGE streams of water deep enough to slow my car down.

As for dinner... Hubby was working evening shift and I had leftovers! :)