• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Indefinitely Frozen

kennard5000

Lurker
Apr 20, 2012
This morning, my Samsung Fascinate, that I've had for about a year, randomly froze while I tried to send a text. This has happened multiple times before so I assumed that taking out my battery and replacing would fix the problem. Once it turned back on, it worked for about a minute until it got to the "media scanner", then it proceeded to freeze again. I've tried replacing the battery several times, I tried powering off in the split second I had before it froze again, and I've tried taking out the SD card (thinking that might help when it came to freezing on the "media scanner"). None of these methods helped. Has anyone had this problem before or does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones