Individual contact ringtons

Last Updated:

1. rock30

rock30 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have an unlocked Hero that I'm using on the AT&T network. I have my contacts synced via Exchange. I set up a few to have different ringtones, but none seem to work. The default ringtone is the only ringtone I ever hear. Am I missing something?

Advertisement
  2. rudders64

rudders64 Member

Hey all, thought I would wake this thread up as I am having the same problem. The tones are there when I select them through Hero's contacts manager and show up correctly in the contact card but the default tone is all that comes out when that contact calls:rolleyes: Any clues:confused:

Thanks

3. paulcox5

paulcox5 Member

I had the same issue and it turned out to be spaces in the phone number. Even when you received the call it said the right person was calling it would still play the default ringtone. This took me some time to work out that when I put somebodys number in Outlook or Google i would put a space in it. For example a london number I would enter was 0207 111 1111 this would play default ringtone even though another tone assigned. But if I changed it to 02071111111 the assigned ringtone would play. Silly huh. I hope this may help you two.

4. rudders64

rudders64 Member

Cool, thanks, that solved the problem. Now I have to get Outlook to stop auto formatting the numbers I enter. The fun goes on :D