Individual folders running out of space on SD card?Support

Last Updated:

1. SuppliedRelic

SuppliedRelic Well-Known Member

I have been having issues lately with individual folders running out of space on my 16GB SD card. I have 9GB free space but certain folders are filling up. Any idea what the problem could be?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello Relic. :)

I would view the folders via adapter on my PC, then check the properties of each problem folder(s).

If it's happening with all of them, you've likely run into a true need for examination of the card itself for corruption or a rogue app/service. If it's just a few, with other folders remaining viable, I'd remove all contents and re-create the folders (I gather we're talking about media more than anything else, let me know if otherwise).

Be sure to identify the problem gizzie, what ever it is, so that it is not imported back into your device once you either transfer to a new sd card or put the same one (repaired via deletion/format) back in. ;)
  3. SuppliedRelic

SuppliedRelic Well-Known Member

I am backing up all my files to my PC. The two folders I have had problems with so far are my downloads folder and my Titanium Backup folder. After deleting some files from my downloads folder I was able to add more files. My backup folder currently has about 700MB of data in it.

EDIT: I feel like an idiot now...I forgot that I encrypted my SD Card before I did a factory reset.