Individual plan mergers?

Last Updated:

1. Chango99

Chango99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Although I missed the stock that went up today because I ordered it through verizon yesterday, I want to know if this is possible to merge plans so that I just buy through Amazon for 100$ cheaper (50$ off and no tax). I'm currently ordering one and adding a line to my cousin's individual plan (which he started 2 weeks ago) to make a family plan. The cost of the phone was almost 250$ with taxes.

So I'm wondering if it's possible for me to just order through amazon for cheaper and get my own individual plan then just merge plans with my cousin to make a family plan?

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

what does it look like for him to just go there and do an add-a-line. I'm sure it would be the same price and easier

3. Chango99

? I stated it's nearly 100$ cheaper with amazon.

4. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

You will have to get an actual family plan as im pretty sure you cant add a line to an individual plan.

5. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I understand it's cheaper via Amazon. I'm saying to have them look at Amazon to see the pricing for "add a line" to do your phone. When they do that it will prompt them to upgrade the plan from individual to family (or at least it should) and pricing should be the same since it's still a new line of service with a new contract. Would be easier than you going to get service, running credit check, getting phone, calling Verizon to have cousin to a "change of liability" to join the two lines together.

6. Chango99

... It's possible to change an individual plan to a family plan.

And Howie, that's not how it works at amazon.

7. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Oh wow, didn't know that. Thought they were like wirefly or best buy. Either way, yes you can do a transfer of liability after you both get service