individual text message tones and ringtones?

Last Updated:

1. stiernan

stiernan Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, on my storm I was not only able to set an individual ringtone for my contacts I was also able to set an individual text message tone for them as well. Is there any way to do this on the droid or a third party program available?

Also, these are very simple.
    Is there any way or app out there that when i plug my phone in it will make a full screen clock like it does on blackberries? (in the picture of the phone in the media dock--that I don't have it shows something similar to what I want)

Next,
    How do I choose different ringtones for my alarms. There are not that many to choose from in the list and I don't like any of them.

Oh actually and I just thought of another one:
    some of my contacts are not linked to my facebook contacts, some are, how do I manually add facebook to a contact. (I only know of hitting the sync button on facebook, but that doesn't have any manual select setting)

Thanks so much

Advertisement
  2. Steven1

Steven1 Member

This was something I used on my old LG VX-6000. I would like to do it for my Droid as well.

3. DroidNinja

DroidNinja New Member

Download "Ring Extender" from the Market. that will allow you to create other tones for alarms and sms/mms notifications. as for custom tones for individuals, i don't think that's an option... i can't seem to find it.

4. ryno2292

ryno2292 Member

You can set up individual text message tones in SMS Popup. I don't think you can just via the stock texting program.

firefamily5 likes this.
  5. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member

Use Dockrunner to make the phone go into "Clock" mode without the media dock.