• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Inferior Games?

the Droid just came out a couple of weeks ago and everyone is surprised that it takes time to make games that work well on it. All those other games you see out there were developed for less capable phones so of course you won't be so impressed...
I remember the early days of the PC. All the cool games came ot for Amiga/Atari and the PC had crappy CGA/EGA ports. Today the Amiga/Atari are history and the PC has all kinds of great games for it.

Upvote 0
There may not be the crazy selection like on the iPhone (former iPhone user as well), but it's not bad. In all honesty, I really only played 5-6 games on the iPhone regularly. The rest of the- ummm... lots that I bought went unused after the initial fun wore off.

I've been pleasantly surprised how good some Android games are. I think Radiant is a great, well polished arcade shooter. Space Physics is an amazing puzzle/logic game. Then there are newer titles like Totemo and What the Doodle, that are looking very promising.

Upvote 0
I want to see games that make use of the keyboard as well as the accelerometer/touch screen. I want the phonemakers to get their game on instead of this "lalala we're in the social and 500 mhz is good enough for your twittering and email"
That's why I liked the droid ads. It wasn't just about the iPhone. They are saying that all smartphones should be about performance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones