Infinite RebootSupport

Last Updated:

1. ChewyTKE609

ChewyTKE609 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so earlier this evening I decided to delete an entire conversation thread from my Chomp SMS app. When i clicked delete the phone froze, or so I thought. After a reboot things seemed to be working fine. However, I did notice that I received a Low Memory Error in my notification bar. I didn't think a whole lot of it and thought I'd come back to that later as I haven't downloaded anything new in weeks. Then, while using Chomp I'd get a completely black screen that I couldn't get rid of. Pushing the back arrow didn't do anything, pushing on home didn't do anything, nothing would work. So I decided to shut the phone down. When I long pressed on the power button to get the shut down menu to pop up the black screen went away and I just cancelled the shut down and started using the phone again. But, after I got another text message the same black screen came back. This time I shut down completely. However, now, every time I turn the power on I keep getting a reboot loop. It starts with the Droid eye, then the Droid sound, then goes to the Droid animation and finally to the HTC quietly brilliant screen, before starting over again. I let it go for probably 5 minutes before I figured it wasn't going to stop. So, I pulled the battery and tried booting up again. I got the same result, an infinite loop.

My question is, does anyone have any idea what might be happening or what I can do about it? And, is there any way to reset the phone to factory settings without being able to get to the home screen? Thanks.

Advertisement