• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

joc30

Lurker
May 23, 2012
Has anyone else received this Info Message, if so who sent it, Thanks for any clues.
Dear Customer, we recommed you to upgrade to new version of software for improving mobile's performance and security.
Path Settings > Devive Infomation >Software Update

To get the best from your device, please keep your phone up to date and regularly check for software updates.

Using Note 4 with Kitkat 4.4 have no wish to update as all has been OK until recently.

Hi,

First of all, I would vote for ignoring the update as I have tried 5.0.1 and saw nothing good only additional problems (bluetooth issues being the most annoying for me). Apparently others have tested 6.0.1 and found nothing exciting either (although the ability to write notes without turning on the screen could be cool and backing up app data to the cloud, if it works, would be a killer feature). If you want to get rid if the messages you could try going into the application manager (in settings), locate "Software update" and disable it. Note: There are two entries of which only one can be disabled.

Now, a phone that is heating up is a sign that something is using the CPU or GPU heavily. This will, of course drain the battery like crazy. Usually this is caused by one or two rogue applications. I had this problem recently and traced the issue to my weather widget and my music player. I de-installed these items (after replacing then with alternatives) and my battery life is back to normal. To find out what is using your battery, go into settings -> System -> Power saving. At the bottom of the screen is the list of things that have been using your battery. Simply take action against the one at the top ;)

Regards,
Eric.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones