info on V2.1? plus market problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. demonicangel53

demonicangel53 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, I've had the optimus for about a month now, and im wondering if im able to get it updated to 2.1. im on o2, and in the uk. I just tried to update my phone, and started the update fine, but got to about 40-50% in the analysis before it said that "update is not available for this model". the start update button is not blanked out once i go back onto the LGmobile support tool. can anyone tell me if uk o2 phones are able to get the 2.1 update? or any info on the update?

plus, I've got problems with the android market. up until a few weeks ago, i could download things fine. but now it wont download. the download status bar starts up but doesn't get anywhere and says "download was unsuccessful, please try again". doesn't matter if I'm downloading something new or an update. is this because I don't have 2.1, or cause i only use wifi? or is there another reason?

Thanks for any info or help you guys can give me

Advertisement
  2. ExHuMeD

ExHuMeD Active Member

Hey deamon, To your first question if you had a quick look on the forums you can see what carriers you can update and the ones having problems, Im on o2 atm and you can NOT upgrade to 2.1 at this time, i dont know if o2 is having serious problems with the rom or LG is having problems, So the best thing you can do is sit back and wait or contact LG support... ive done so many time with no sucsess maybe you will have some luck,

To your second problem this only happend to me a few times, Try this Still got problems downloading from Market - Stuck at "Starting Download" - Android Market Help

Thanks to baileyrichard for the link

demonicangel53 likes this.
  3. demonicangel53

demonicangel53 New Member This Topic's Starter

ah thanks ExHuMeD. i did have a look, and i have seen someone on 02 (uk) that did update, but wondered if that was a fluke or not. ill just sit back and hope it comes soon.

and thanks for the link, ill have a go at fixing it. (Update: Thanks, have got it working now. Cheers for the help :) )

4. ExHuMeD

ExHuMeD Active Member

As for some people updating ive worked out that people with the 20A rom on o2 can update to 2.1 eclair people with 10A rom cant upgrade i dont know why :(