• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Information Overload

MaxPower

Jan 19, 2010
NYC
This being my first thread. I'd like to say "Hello" and "Thank You" to all who put so much time in helping others via this forum. Linux/Android is new to most of us and can be a little intimidating. Thanks for being patient with us "Noobs".

I've been lurking on this forum for a month as I neared my contract renewal date. I renewed last night and have a Hero on the way. My girlfriend has a Hero but won't late me play too much because she's afraid of how far I might go. So I am excited to get mine and put it through the paces.

As I am sure some of you might agree. There seem to be alot of repeat ?'s being asked. I don't think this has as much to do with people not searching through the forum but instead with information overload.

That's my problem, I search for the best(easiest) way to root and get more info than I know how to effectively dig through for a method.

Rooting being the main topic of confusion (not only on this forum but all the others too).

Can one of you experienced rooting experts please lay this to rest by simply linking to or giving easy instructions on how to do this the "easiest way"? If we do this right maybe it could be made "sticky" and limit the amount of rooting threads.

I think from what I've read it's pre-kitchen? True or False?

Thanks Again to All who make Sprint better by making their devices competitive.;)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones