• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Infuse 4 and straight talk sucking

Justinsaneok

Jul 25, 2012
Instinct on straight talk says "sorry device has been blocked from network use." When someone calls me it says "not accepting calls."After changing APN I was able to call out text and use web. I had called ST after it stopped working. They said turn it off and on. I did and I used the internet and made some calls. I tried to use it again sometime later and it happened again. Called they said turn it on and off again and to leave it on. I called my other phone while on the phone with them and it worked. Hung up with them after they credited me with a day and same thing wont make or take calls. The web is not working either.

Someone help me. I'm stupid with this stuff.

Today, 08:38 PM #2 (permalink)
Justinsaneok
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

BTW I was unable to log into gmail or facebook when I tried.

Today, 08:57 PM #3 (permalink)
Justinsaneok
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
MY APN settings
name: Straight Talk
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port:80
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy:66.209.11.33
MMS Port:80

Phone
Sgh-I997
Firmware: 2.2.1
Baseband:I997UCKE3
Kernel:2.6.32.9
Build:FROYO.UCKE3

Service State : IN SERVICE (Ya right) My timer is in service! lol

If any of that helps.

Today, 11:31 PM #4 (permalink)
Justinsaneok
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Called them back again and got it working,,,,,,,,,,,, then it stopped working again. Same thing. The guy had me change the MMS proxy to mms2.tracfone.com. Everything worked for a while. I made calls sent texts was on the web. Then poof it wont let me make a call. Says this device is blocked from network use. WTH

Today, 11:36 PM #5 (permalink)
Justinsaneok
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Am I in the wrong forum or something?? I'm not sure is it's the phone or the straight talk.

That message usually means AT&T is blocking the phone's serial number. Possibly the previous owner didn't finish the contract without paying the early termination fee, or filed an insurance claim against it. It's something they just started doing a couple of weeks ago from what I have read.

After a few days of calling ST they told me thats the deal. I bought a lost or stolen phone. I bought it from a hot chick and was thinking about getting screwed in a totally different way. I tried to talk to someone at ATT but they were already closed. I'm probably out my hard earned cash.:mad:

Upvote 0
It's your sim card not your phone. I had the same problem with mine being blocked. My wife has the same phone as me. (Samsung Infuse) hers works great. So I took her sim card and put it in my phone. No problems all day it worked fine. Not saying your's is the same problem but it fixed mine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones