• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Infuse discounted to $149 on contract!

I just checked out the Infuse at the AT&T store. Spent a solid 15 minutes with it. Definitely not impressed. I had a Samsung Captivate for about 8 months before moving to an Inspire. The Infuse reminded me of a bigger Captivate.

I really wanted to like the phone, because I want a larger screen than my Inspire. The Infuse was much lighter than the Inspire, and while the screen was bigger, it did not impress me at all. I think the Captivate's screen looked better than the Infuse. I don't know if it is because the screen is bigger but still has the same resolution, but it almost looked blurry or out of focus.

On the plus side, it was very fast moving in and out of apps, and from screen to screen. It also did not feel that big to me. I guess because it is so thin and light. Overall though, the phone was disappointing.

Upvote 0
I spent some time with the Infuse today and came away very impressed.
I am an Evo owner and will be switching to either Verizon or Att sometime between now and late summer.I went to the verizon store to check out the Droid Charge and came away pretty impressed. However, it is a little laggy at times. I then went to the att store to check out the Infuse and came away more impressed than I did with the Charge. The one major area the charge won though is in the LTE 4 g speeds. It is so fast compared to Att's fake 4G network.

But the phone was very smooth. That screen was just amazing. The 4.5 inch display combined with the small bezel and thin form factor was really something different. The charge was a very nice phone on a great network. I am very impressed with the LTE speeds. However I just havnt decided if the difference in general web surfing and rhapsody streaming needs to be at 10megs. Is 1 to 2 megs enough?

Thats the decision I will have to make. Of course if the Galaxy S2 comes soon to these networks then i will have something else to consider. I dont care that much about dual core in general. I dont play games on my phone much.

Anyway. Good job samsung. Very smooth, Very nice screen....

Also...the camera... very very impressive. I will be glad to see my Evo's blurry pics gone.

Upvote 0
I spent some time with the Infuse today and came away very impressed.
I am an Evo owner and will be switching to either Verizon or Att sometime between now and late summer.I went to the verizon store to check out the Droid Charge and came away pretty impressed. However, it is a little laggy at times. I then went to the att store to check out the Infuse and came away more impressed than I did with the Charge. The one major area the charge won though is in the LTE 4 g speeds. It is so fast compared to Att's fake 4G network.

But the phone was very smooth. That screen was just amazing. The 4.5 inch display combined with the small bezel and thin form factor was really something different. The charge was a very nice phone on a great network. I am very impressed with the LthreeTE speeds. However I just havnt decided if the difference in general web surfing and rhapsody streaming needs to be at 10megs. Is 1 to 2 megs enough?

Thats the decision I will have to make. Of course if the Galaxy S2 comes soon to these networks then i will have something else to consider. I dont care that much about dual core in general. I dont play games on my phone much.

Anyway. Good job samsung. Very smooth, Very nice screen....

Also...the camera... very very impressive. I will be glad to see my Evo's blurry pics gone.

Thanks for the great feedback and your opinion on these two phones.

Here's a few thoughts I have to share. First I have been with both AT&T and Verizon concurrently for ten years. I've got five activated lines cause I'm a real smartphone addict :)

I carry a minimum of two phones everyday and have always experienced great call quality from Both networks.

Its a long story, but suffice to say the truth is, Apple used cheap sub par Qualcomm chips in the iPhones. First to save money and second because they are great at keeping secrets and knew they could point the finger at AT&T and get away with it. I'm Not with AT&T, nor am I promoting them, just sharing some facts. I have no problems with them or Verizon.

As far as their 4G network, it's important to note they were the last to advertise it. The reason is simple. Just like a lot of advertising is misleading no matter what product, competitive pressures come into play. So AT&T had to advertise since everyone else does. Yes currently Verizon has LTE, but in a very short time AT&T's network will be even faster. They are spending huge sums of money to get it done fast.

Personally I'm eager to buy an Infuse for its large display. Samsung has revamped its commitment to smartphones and support. I'm really impressed after talking to one of their top executives recently. We are going to witness them get better and better as they become more influential with US carriers.

The current belief is its Samsung that is slow to release updates, but the truth is, its political and the cheap carriers (that's all of them) don't want to. They want you to buy another new phone. So that's that. :)

Cheers

Sent via Samsung Galaxy S II using Swype

Upvote 0
:p I don't know if it is because the screen is bigger but still has the same resolution, but it almost looked blurry or out of focus. :cool::D

Ill take another look. But the one I saw was very clear. Its funny how fast we can forget what the screen was on a phone like iphone 3gs ect.

A question..why did you buy the phone if it had a blurry out of focus screen?

Upvote 0
For any prospective buyers: If you're coming from an iPhone 4 or a Galaxy S variant, prepare to be disappointed by the screen. I too spent 15 minutes with it at the store, and the resolution on the device kills it. There are obviously positives about the screen and the phone itself, otherwise it wouldn't have such high ratings. BUT, and this is a big but, if you are coming from the aforementioned phones, the screen will look (comparably) "blurry" and "out of focus." In other words, the screen isn't an such a great upgrade insofar as the reviews have made it seem. This is coming from someone who wanted to like the phone and was looking forward to it for quite some time.

Upvote 0
For any prospective buyers: If you're coming from an iPhone 4 or a Galaxy S variant, prepare to be disappointed by the screen. I too spent 15 minutes with it at the store, and the resolution on the device kills it. There are obviously positives about the screen and the phone itself, otherwise it wouldn't have such high ratings. BUT, and this is a big but, if you are coming from the aforementioned phones, the screen will look (comparably) "blurry" and "out of focus." In other words, the screen isn't an such a great upgrade insofar as the reviews have made it seem. This is coming from someone who wanted to like the phone and was looking forward to it for quite some time.

I'm glad I am not the only one who feels this way. With all the rave reviews for the screen, I was beginning to think my eyes were out of focus.

Upvote 0
I don't know what people are saying about being blurry ( Infuse) ! I've owned the Captivate for over a year and yes it's an excellent device ! but the Infuse I got about 3 weeks ago Is much nicer . Yes it is basically a larger Captivate with some more speed . loads apps faster . The screen is amazing ! When people go to grab my phone before they grab it their eyes light up and say OMG IT"S HUGE ! and it's very impressive . That whole rave about DUAL CORE is over rated . This Infuse is fast and i don't have any issue's with it . I do feel the battery life could be a little better but it's not horrible . I rooted mine with oneclickroot (Wifi tether enabled Now) easily done , can't wait for a ROM to be released . I don't have any complaints . people who are hating on this phone probably are the one's who just want the dual core or can't get the Infuse . I am not trying to be rude , I'm just sayin " what is there to hate about a 4.5 super amoroled plus screen that is so vibrant ! In my opinion the infuse blows away the Captivate and the Captivate was something worth braggin about. " food for thought "

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones