Ingress, How To Play it?

1. rodrick12

rodrick12 Member

Anyone here who can tell me how to play that game from Google. I tried it out but I'm unable to understand the game..

Thanks,

Advertisement
    :
  2. bigdrew

bigdrew Well-Known Member

The tutorial explains the basics. If you choose "Help" from the menu, it'll take you to the webpage with FAQs. You'll need to locate some portals around you, landmarks are generally good predictors of where to look--libraries, monuments, and so forth. Being a social game, you'll need to cooperate with other members of your faction to really upgrade your portals. I haven't really spent much time myself either with this, but it seems to be a more complex game than it appears at first glance.
  3. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Hacking is the name of the game, but yes, read the tutorial. It can be fun.
  4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

When you open the game and go to Ops, then tap on Recruit it says 0 invites left. How do you get invites? I want to invite my boyfriend to play so he isn't watching me have all the fun! He submitted his Gmail address for an invite but has not received his yet.
  5. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Luck of the draw. Submitting art in Google+ works for some people. No player generated invites just yet, IIRC.
    Petrah likes this.
  6. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

7. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

I LOLed :p

[​IMG]
    syntrix likes this.
  8. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

I registered for an invite the day it was announced, and I still have yet to receive mine... blah
  9. syntrix

Same with a friend of mine... he just got his invite and has been bugging me with questions all day.
  10. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

It's might be completely random, I applied last week and had my invite 2 days later. I was also a beta tester for Google +, maybe that entered into it.
  11. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

I was also a beta tester for G+... Hell, I was a beta tester for Gmail as well! XD
  12. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Yeah me too, so long ago that I forgot. Good luck dude.
  13. syntrix

or make funny pic, related, and put ingress logo on it, post in link above on g+, ???, ....., profit!!!!!!

It is weird, found a few other friends that trying to get in, nothing for weeks so far!

EDIT: my day 1 friend that got an invite 3 days or so ago had 1 invite, gave it to his brother..... how do we get invites now is the big question! LOL