Ingress

1. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Well-Known Member

Thought I would create a thread for the Ingress game from Google. Don't have time to populate this thread at the moment, but wanted to get it up. There will be two posts following this. One for the enlightened, one for the resistance.

Tell me, have you gotten your code? Or are you still waiting? Where will you be playing? If you've been on Google+ you've probably seen the craze. Have you made any Ingress art you'd like to share? Resistance or Enlightened?

Advertisement
    :
    jungajuice likes this.
  2. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

I would remove your personal email from open forum as Spammers will have a hay day.
    zyngaa, 9to5cynic, eyebeam and 2 others like this.
  3. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

kinda got caught in the moment! lol thanks!
    treb1797 likes this.
  4. Savage Shadows

Reserved - Enlightened
  5. Savage Shadows

Reserved - Resistance
  6. Savage Shadows

So after submitting a few attempts at getting an invite code from Brandon Badger on Google+, I finally got my code late last night. I joined the Enlightened, and my user name on Ingress is SavageShadows. I'm on my SGS2 at the moment, so I'll share my art later. I'm playing in the Salt Lake City area until I fly home to Phoenix tonight.
  7. ExtremeNerd

ExtremeNerd Well-Known Member

Not much doing here in St. Louis. Got my invite this morning and ran through the tutorials. Looks like a polished augmented reality game. When I go downtown, I'll see how well things actually work. Can't wait until this is out of beta.
    AliLand likes this.
  8. wikedjackal

wikedjackal Member

how do i get an invite besides the main site?
  9. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

I just completed the tutorials and this looks like it could be a very strategic and fun game.

I had to go on a quick drive to collect some initial xm around the block :D:D

Also, I did get my "code" today, but I never had to enter it when using my gmail.com address!

I chose the resistance, and I've mapped out some places already (might need a login here...):

Ingress
  10. Jaredd

Jaredd Member

I haven't gotten my activation code yet. It looks like a great game' I just doubt there'll be much to do in my small little Southern town.
  11. syntrix

Landmarks are the key, you should be fine, but you might have to move LESS than people in big cities.
  12. nifer

nifer Well-Known Member

just got my activation code (from a friend, google still has not sent me one themselves) :D

I'll be playing in Baltimore, DC, and Philly in the Enlightened group.

more to come!
  13. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

The official website is linked in the second sentence of the Play store game description. :p

Ingress

Input your email address there for an invite. ;)

I've not received my key yet, but I did manage to stumble upon this. Hope it helps!

Ingress Help
  14. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

Stickied. =)
    Savage Shadows likes this.
  15. Savage Shadows

I created a thread in the Android games section! You should check that out
  16. Savage Shadows

Thanks jon! Just to clear something up real quick guys, I guess my Phandroid app somehow created a new duplicate account when i tried to log in previously with my user name entered incorrectly, but I am the OP. This is something I'll be taking up with a mod.

Anyways.

Update on me. I'm back in Phoenix, have a full bar of XM, but still have not found a single portal. Just XM scattered all around which I'm already maxed out on. But I'll hit up a post office or two, hopefully find something. Worst case, I geo-tag a photo and they put up a portal for me.

Haha tough time being enlightened if there's nothing to accomplish :p

I don't start work until late today, so I'll be spending some time updating and replying to this thread.
  17. Savage Shadows

Well, if you can't find any portals, turn on your gps antenna, make sure your photos are set to geo-tag, and go to places like landmarks, city halls, post offices, etc. Mainly government and history based locations. Not sure at the moment where to submit them, but they should create some portals for you based on what you submit.
  18. bigdrew

bigdrew Well-Known Member

I was near a university campus and I was picking up a lot of activity there. This must be a cool way to kill some time walking to classes!
  19. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Ye it does look good
  20. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

im in i got in a few days ago but i dont have any invites to give out :(
  21. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

when you take your picture that is geotagged hit share like your gonna email it or send it in text but select NIA Super Ops and go from there
  22. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

If you get some don't forget your good buddy SBE!;):D

Does anybody else have an invite laying around?
    zyngaa likes this.
  23. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

if you submit art to Joe Philly or Brandon Badger you have a chance at getting one. my buddy just straight up asked Joe Philly and got one no questions asked :D
  24. GPSJoe

GPSJoe Active Member

I am waiting (im)patiently for an invite. I also live in a very small town so I hope that it will still be fun even though I doubt few people have heard of it or will play it often.
  25. syntrix

I looked up your location, there's a bunch of them, even some unclaimed portals.
    GPSJoe likes this.