Ingress

Last Updated:

1. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see this game can be accommodating to those in smaller areas. Ha, it might even be tougher for those just outside of large areas. While i haven't had the opportunity to go portal hunting, and the map via pc browser wouldn't even show portals even if i knew one was there, i saw my first sign of activity in my area.

What happened?
    The resistance.

Two huge fields, and i live right in the middle.

Advertisement
  2. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

I'm seeing almost 19 Million now. When I started, way less than 1 Million.

HOLY FRAKIN ISHT!
  3. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

SamuraiBigEd likes this.
  4. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

does anyone have or know how to get an invite to ingress??? this looks like its gonna be good! PM me for my email! thanks!!!
  5. GPSJoe

GPSJoe Active Member

Now I really can't wait for my invite!
  6. huh

huh Well-Known Member

I have an invite code if anyone wants it.PM me and Ill give it to you
  7. syntrix

I've shown no invite codes avail for several days, glad you got some!

BTW the number of people on the sides has grown exponentially over the last week or so!
  8. huh

huh Well-Known Member

It's my own invite code that i received last week or so. Im prob not going to use it anyway so I thought someone might want it...hope it's still active? they don't expire or anything ?
  9. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

i dont think they expire. i wouldnt see why they would.
    huh likes this.
  10. syntrix

Mine was tied to my gmail account... let us know if it works with the 3rd party you give it to!

I never had to enter my code on my android phone. It just picked up on my gmail account and asked for access.
  11. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

I'm in!
  12. jugg1es

jugg1es Member

Hello people, not sure if this is ok and if it's not then please remove. There is a new forum for players of this wonderful game, it's just started so currently quite small but growing. Please feel free to browse and hopefully join, meet fellow players and chat, discuss tactics or just share experiences http://ingressforums.hostingsiteforfree.com/ it can be found on the tapatalk app so there's no excuse not to at least have a look.
  13. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Well-Known Member

If anyone gets an invite I'd like it.

Do the places usually have wifi or does this game slurp down the data?
  14. SamuraiBigEd

It does use data since the portals are spread out all over.
  15. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Fun stuff... would like some more Maps integration...
  16. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Well-Known Member

Ah. makes sense I suppose.

does it use lots of data or is it something that can be used reasonably and managed?
  17. Jookbox

Jookbox Member

Messed around with it yesterday, even captured an entire portal. Assuming they can handle the server load, this will be a huge hit. I'm in the Bay Area as resistance. As soon as I saw the googleplex covered in enlightened nodes, I had to play resistance, haha.
  18. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

put my request in yesterday for an invite, this looks really interesting. Is there any way to find out if there is portals in your area without using the game?
  19. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

Got my invite already but still can't decide which faction to join
  20. syntrix

You will need to login, aka get an invite, then you can plan here: Ingress
  21. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Can I put myself on the list here for an invite as well? :) I requested one from the game weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

For those who are in, can you describe a little more about what the game is like?
  22. kerrdj

kerrdj Member

All the people at work are playing enlightened and I'm excited to eventually get to play resistance. Unfortunately before I knew what the game was I told them I would be against them so the one person with an invite code won't share. I guess I'll wait for the website. I've been spamming people with art on Google+ but no luck.
  23. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

He won't share? Oh come on... tell him it's a game for crying out loud...

I guess he is taking this very seriously.
  24. kerrdj

kerrdj Member

Most of the people I've talked to that play are way too serious about it
  25. SamuraiBigEd

There are a couple of people here that literally spend their whole day driving around to all the portals!