• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Initial Activation Failing

willdogs

Android Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2009
Anyone else not getting their SIM cards to activate?

As soon as I powered up my TB for the first time it attempted to auto activate several times and finally stopped trying.

I pulled the battery, tried again, same result.

Called Support and got up to level 2. She states that they are having long Activation delays on some accounts. Anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours. :eek::mad:

Anyone else experience this?

The phone is not even trying to dial out anymore to activate, but according to her it will start trying again in a while and will make a pretty loud sound once actvated to alert me. She told me to call back in 2 hours if still no dice.

This sucks. I cant even play with the phone since there is no data connection to setup my gmail and everything else on the first initial screens.

UPDATE!!!!

I t was my fault!! I had the back cover off while activating. I noticed that there are metal antenna contacts on the rear cover and a light went off in my head!

As soon as I put the cover back on, re-booted, the 4G network came alive!

Funny thing is that it was still showing a 100% signal, now with the rear cover on, the 4G connected. Those antennas on the rear cover must be for the 4G?!

Reactions: m80
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones