Initial charge length of htc hero

Last Updated:

1. Bo Davis

Bo Davis New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All. I've just received my new HTC Hero through the post. As i've read numerous messages regarding the poor battery life. How long should I initially charge the phone to get optimum battery life?... and should I leave it off or turn it on whilst charging? Thanks;)

Advertisement
  2. itandy

itandy Well-Known Member

Unlike batteries in early days, modern battery doesn't require long hours of initial charge. You'd probably want to left the phone on while charging if you want to use its alarm function. Personally, I don't think the battery life of Hero is particularly bad.

3. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

When I first got my Hero a couple of weeks ago I was shocked at how short the battery life appeared to be, but this was a combination of a few things. Coming from a prehistoric original Motorola RAZR it was never going to last as long as that, also, when you first get the phone you spend the whole day playing with it; which obviously eats up the battery. The Hero is set up by default to have everything connecting all the time - or so it seems. Once you've adjusted it to only connect when you want it to connect it improves enormously.

I can easily get two days of moderate use out of mine with one charge now, which I think is pretty good. three of my work colleagues have iPhones and it's certainly better for battery life than those.
    As for initial charge. I was told 12 hours. I couldn't wait that long for my new toy and I think my initial charge was about two hours. It hasn't adversely affected it at all.