Initial HTC Evo 4G ChargingSupport

Last Updated:

1. The Batman

The Batman Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone, I just made the switch from a Blackberry Tour to the HTC Evo. Extremely excited to have the phone. There is one thing that I'm trying to figure out though; why did the people at the Sprint store suggest that I should let the Evo drain to depletion and then when it shuts down, to charge it for SIX hours for an entire week??

Has anyone heard of this? Their reasoning behind this was that it would help keep the battery from draining quickly.

Any truth to this, or should I the phone be ok without this drastic charging?:confused:

Also, if I were to keep the phone charging for the 6 hours that SPrint suggested, would I be able to startup the phone so that I can still mess around with it?

Thanks from the newb.

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

3. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

I agree; it's a waste of time. When I got my Evo, I charged it until it was full, then took it off the charger, and have continued to do that. I've never had a problem with the battery (beyond stuff that was my own fault).

4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

That advice had to be from someone who still thinks the world works on NiCad batteries!

LiPo batteries don't develop the memory like the older NiCad batteries so the depletion charging method isn't required. I've even seen it suggested that the LiPo batteries work better off more short term charging to something like 60%

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums - and trust these guys, they're 100%.

6. The Batman

The Batman Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a lot everyone. This is site is damn nice to have.:D