Initial reaction

Last Updated:

1. cwrig

cwrig Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It doesnt look bad for a motorola phone. Keyboard people will like the keyboard. It looks a lot like a Tilt doesnt it?

The MotoBlur: They are putting a lot of effort into the social networking thing, which I like. But their implementation is more "blurry" to me than how the HTC Sense UI does it. Maybe its just two approaches to a simlar thing. I do like to see this integration of messaging.

Multitouch? I havnt seen or heard anything about it. I assume it doesnt have it?

Web Browsing: The demos doent realy show web browsing; I wonder why? Curious how t looks. No flash I assume.

Advertisement
  2. Bernal

Bernal Well-Known Member

My first thought is that it gives current T-Mobile users something to upgrade to without having to jump ship to another carrier to get one of the newer android phones.

My guess is that it is bit less unique than they are making it out to be. Since android is open, I doubt there's much they can do software wise that won't be soon copied by other phone makers and even by third party developers.

3. craino21

craino21 New Member

Boy Genius Report is saying that the CLIQ will have UMA. If so this is a must upgrade from my MT3G/G1. Man, the G1 was my first new phone in 3 years, but I'm so addicted to android I seem to want every android phone available.

4. Clackamas

Clackamas Well-Known Member

Well, I am still in my 30 day return period for Best Buy for my MTG3...

The phone looks mighty tempting if it were to come out next week.

Does anyone know the time from announcement to release for T-Mobile?

5. tlbj6142

tlbj6142 Well-Known Member

I don't think there has been a "date" just "by Xmas".

6. tlbj6142

tlbj6142 Well-Known Member

What would that help with? Allow us to use it on ATT's data network? Access data while in Europe?

7. acreda1234

acreda1234 Member

I would like to be the first to call out all the people who were rubbishing this phone with the initial leak shots, I may remind some of them later on that sometimes companies will leak prototypes to gain feedback so they can change the device..............

The real feature this phone need is a price point. Moto need money and sales really bad, TMB will want new customers, they have sell this phone cheaplly and in bulk to shore up their 4Q's and cash in the silly sales season in Oct.

Just my two pennies....

8. ChrisPlague

ChrisPlague Well-Known Member

BGR is saying october... hmmmm

it says "While Motorola announced a

9. Supadoodles

Supadoodles New Member

Hm.. Interesting.

Do you think this phone wins over the Hero? Personally I'm leaning towards it because of the physical keyboard, which looks quite nice and roomy.

10. andrews27

andrews27 Member

What is UMA? I have a Cliq but I don't know what that is.

11. chekete90

chekete90 New Member

does anyone know if you have to txt using the keyboard only or does it have touch keyboard???
    i kinda want it, but i want to know more about it im happy with my g1 but keeping an open mind....

12. andrews27

andrews27 Member

Yes there is a phisical qwerty pad as well as a touch keyboard for horizontal and vertical. You get three options depending on how you hold the phone.

13. acreda1234

acreda1234 Member

Im going to get my hands on one tomorrow at my locale orange store and see how easy the virtual keyboard is, if its good i may wait for a cheaper/better droid that will be cheaper in the long run, possibly the acer a1 or the LG etna depending on price.

hate being locked to a network :(

14. luv4u859

luv4u859 Member

for tmobile users u can preorder it on the 19th,, but its comes out november 2nd!

15. luv4u859

luv4u859 Member

how do u have a cliq?

16. andrews27

andrews27 Member

I know people who know people.

17. forty2

forty2 Well-Known Member

Pics or it didn't happen.

18. SnowWolf75

SnowWolf75 Member

So I guess the best question is... will it be worth it? I'm still using an ancient phone (Nokia 9300) and really want it for the keyboard, android, updated browser, and possibly tethering. How does it compare against the G1?

19. andrews27

andrews27 Member

how do you up load pics to the site

20. SnowWolf75

SnowWolf75 Member

Underneath the message edit box there's a button labeled Manage Attachments where I surmise you can do that. Might want to try it first in a testing forum instead of here.

21. andrews27

andrews27 Member

Here you Go!

Attached Files:

22. acreda1234

acreda1234 Member

spent about 15 minutes on the Dext(cliq) today in the orange store in my home town and first impresions are good, doesn't seem to have any lag on draging the home screen, screen looks good and touch wise was also good but can be a bit hit and miss when i was trying to be quite fine, IE vert keyboard was quite hard to use but i may not have that much practice, and air hockey jumped around a lot

overall the build quality was good - weight of the device was spot on and I though the hardware keyboard was much faster, was stiffer then g1 but that could loosen up in time and also although it looks and feels cramped that fact that the keys have raised centres is a complete winner! after getting used to it was 95%+ hitting the right keys, far better then using the vert keyboard but i did want to try the landscape mode as I do know droid keyboards need more tweaking to bring it up to iphone standard

to get this phone in the UK on a cheap price plan (