Innocase II Surface case Reveiw (vid/pics)

Last Updated:

1. GrenadeTech

GrenadeTech Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

Nicely edited video, well done.
    I like how the case splits in half to make it easier for docking.

You mention the possibility of the two-piece snap wearing out after repeated use, this was my first thought after seeing it as well.

The plastic appears to be pretty hard, which makes for an slim, attractive case, but I'm not sure how well it would protect a drop.

Is your site intended to be N1-related (if so, I'll bookmark it), mobile device-related, or general tech-related?

3. MrNoSox

MrNoSox Well-Known Member

It's a great case. Love mine. Although I don't dock my phone so I don't know how easily it would wear out.

4. negreenfield

negreenfield Well-Known Member

I also have this case. I worry about the same thing if I start docking it often. Right now I haven't been so I don't need to take it out often. We'll have to see how it holds up.

5. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to take mine out of it's case almost every day to dock it in my car. I don't need Nav everyday but I do need music and coincidentally my iPod just died so all I've got is my phone now. We'll see how it holds up.

Has anybody been able to use this case with a cling type screen guard? One that you don't need water to apply. I've tried a couple different ones now and it tends to cause bubbles. Also, sometimes it gets between the guard and the glass and lifts the guard up if your not careful when sliding it on. I want to be able to take the case on and off without having to be careful so I'm starting to think my only choice will be to go naked or some type of full body skin.

6. cabinets

cabinets Well-Known Member

If you remove the bottom, will it work with the Google Dock?

7. G1Bodie

G1Bodie Member

does the phone still fit inside the stock pouch it came with once this case is on the phone?

8. GrenadeTech

Thank you. I'm not sure either but it should do alright, I'm too scared to drop test it myself lol. Yes it will have a focus on N1 related tech for right now. I might do some app reviews soon.

9. GrenadeTech

Ha, it's funny you mentioned that because that's the first thing I tried to do when I got my new case. No, it does not fit into the original stock case.

10. GrenadeTech

I'm not sure. I'm too cheap to buy the Google dock right now. If I had to guess with the pictures I've seen I'd say probably not. With the bottom of the case off there is a little less than 3 inches of room for a dock. Hope that helps.

11. cabinets

Yes it does help. Thx

12. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

eh. my phone's been traveling nude for a month now. no drops, no scratches, no nicks. i'll probably pick up a case at some point... but i baby my phones. i don't see the need to go overboard with protection like this.

13. G1Bodie

G1Bodie Member

ok, thanks for the info

14. cabinets

I hear you. But it is just slippery enough to make me nervous. I use the Zagg Inv Shield for the grip if nothing else.

15. Bob Loblaw1

No. I was hoping it would also but alas, it does not.

cabinets likes this.
  16. SubyWill

SubyWill Well-Known Member

i love my innocase 2.

17. negreenfield

Yes, but you will have to still slide the top portion up an inch or two. This is what I do when I use my dock which isn't that often.

18. negreenfield

I use mine with a cling type screen guard, I bought the one they offered with the case. Unfortunately yes, I did get a couple of bubbles but only on the very left side of the screen and as you stated, only when I put the case on for the first time. They are still there but I really don't notice them anymore. TBH though, even if you are very careful sliding on the bottom portion it is very hard not to disturb the guard at least slightly.

19. Bob Loblaw1

But it just wouldn't look cool like that :)

20. Bob Loblaw1

That's what I figured. The case already fits so snug, I wonder how it would do with a full body skin. Then I'd also have to worry about it fitting in my various docks too.

21. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

I use the "crystal gel" "silicone" whatever fancy terms they're using now for the soft plastic case. I'm not sure what more the hard plastic case would offer.... I would think that in a fall the soft case would absorb more of the impact. Well I'm hoping at least.

22. negreenfield

That is most definitely true, it looks quite silly with the top slid off a couple inches but you gotta do what you gotta do.