Input on the Horizontal Leather Galaxy S case/pouch?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. mjnoles1

mjnoles1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am referring to the offical OEM Samsung one you can purchase from Sprint:

Amazon.com: Sprint Samsung Epic Leather Pouch: Electronics

Does anyone own one? If so, how is the fitment and how well is the magnet on holding the flap down?

I read from a few people that the magnet on the oem Samsung "Galaxy S" pouch is not really strong and it doesn't hold the flap down securely and opens up at times.

I also read that it doesn't really fit the Samsung Epic properly because it is thicker than the other Galaxy S line phones. It is not even listed as a supported case/pouch for the Samsung Epic on the Samsung website, but it is listed as a supported case/pouch for the other Galaxy S phones.

I would apprecitate any input as that was the original one I was looking at until I saw those comments that I mentioned above about the weak magnet and the improper fit for the fatter Samsung Epic compared to the other Galaxy S phones.

Advertisement
  2. avh313

avh313 New Member

Yeah I bought one its a bit of a tight fit but its to ensure that no slip out shenanigans ensue. It helped me out a lot because the first week I bought the phone I was waiting on the case to arrive and I didn't realize that I put my epic in my pocket. I got into an accident slammed the door on the pocket my phone was in and my screen was shattered. Luckily I had insurance I got the phone fixed for free and I got my case. Now as for the case you have to make sure that the phone is tight and properly or it won't lock in. another thing about the case is that you will literally have get it out the case from pushing up on the hole in the bottom which is what I'm guessing was designed for its sturdy and it bailed me out of numerous mishaps.

3. ko57

ko57 Member

The way to stretch this case-just a little-is to douse some newspaper with rubbing alchohol, squeeze a bit if the excess, then stuff it inside the case and close it. Use enough newspaper to fill it inside, make sure it is all wet with the alchohol Leave it in overnight.

The more newspaper you stuff in there the more it will stretch. Take out the next day and it should be stretched.

This is an old trick to stretch leather shoes, you do the same and push in the toe area.

4. cds0699

cds0699 Well-Known Member

I own it, and its a lil tricky at 1st with the magnetic closing, but after using it for a bit it improves. It is a snug fit, but I don't mind it personally, and again after some use it gets better.

It won't fit in the pouch if you have a case on your epic tho, I use the pouch without a case on my epic.