• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Input text problems.

I went for the first week without any real problem, then all the sudden about every day/other day I run into a similar problem. Wherever I click actually clicks well below it.

Example: I type the E key and it enters maybe the V key or something well below it. I have went out of my way to ensure my finger is on the particular key, in this example the E key, only to see it highlight and type something way away from that area. I've also noticed that when this is happening I can't change widgets (selects the one about 2 widgets below what i'm attempting), and I can't restart the phone without removing the battery. The Power Off option won't respond to my click attempts.

...Google's got some serious fixing to do.

Upvote 0
I had this problem and contacted HTC Tech support (very good experience BTW). We spent 20 mins on diagnosis and discussion. He indicated this MAY be a problem with the screen. Suggested I RESET the whole phone without reinstalling 3rd party apps and see if the problem persists. It DOES, and I will be calling back today for a new phone (I expect). They created a TICKET for my initial call. I STRONGLY suggest making sure HTC creates a ticket for any problems you may have. The date of the ticket gives you an argument later to have the phone replaced if you still have the same problem weeks down the road.

The mis-location problem goes away by making the unit go to sleep then waking up. Also USUALLY goes away when you rotate the screen to widescreen view. While the HTC guy suggested a hardware (screen) issue, this sure sounds like a software issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones