Input text problems.

Last Updated:

1. harsaphes

harsaphes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

At least once a day I get this weird problem where my input field wont let me input text..the letters show they are being depressed but nothing enters. Only happens when replying to someone. Anyone else?

Advertisement
  2. omeyga

omeyga Well-Known Member

I went for the first week without any real problem, then all the sudden about every day/other day I run into a similar problem. Wherever I click actually clicks well below it.

Example: I type the E key and it enters maybe the V key or something well below it. I have went out of my way to ensure my finger is on the particular key, in this example the E key, only to see it highlight and type something way away from that area. I've also noticed that when this is happening I can't change widgets (selects the one about 2 widgets below what i'm attempting), and I can't restart the phone without removing the battery. The Power Off option won't respond to my click attempts.

...Google's got some serious fixing to do.

3. KeithG

KeithG Well-Known Member

Don't click it.. try using the track ball to select the power off option, and depress the track ball to activate... etc etc.. until the phone powers off.

4. omeyga

omeyga Well-Known Member

Thanks KeithG...i'll give that a shot next time it happens. Hopefully they'll fix all this mess soon.

5. Winvent

Winvent Member

I had this problem and contacted HTC Tech support (very good experience BTW). We spent 20 mins on diagnosis and discussion. He indicated this MAY be a problem with the screen. Suggested I RESET the whole phone without reinstalling 3rd party apps and see if the problem persists. It DOES, and I will be calling back today for a new phone (I expect). They created a TICKET for my initial call. I STRONGLY suggest making sure HTC creates a ticket for any problems you may have. The date of the ticket gives you an argument later to have the phone replaced if you still have the same problem weeks down the road.

The mis-location problem goes away by making the unit go to sleep then waking up. Also USUALLY goes away when you rotate the screen to widescreen view. While the HTC guy suggested a hardware (screen) issue, this sure sounds like a software issue.

6. ShotSkydiver

ShotSkydiver Well-Known Member

I've had the same problem as you, but it only happens sometimes. It's a seemingly random problem. The only thing I haven't tried yet is a factory reset. I hate having this problem because there's no way to duplicate it as I never know when it's going to happen.

7. harsaphes

harsaphes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah...my problem is that the input field does not register any of the letters until i cancel out to the home page or message home screen and re-enter to answer the text.