1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Insane Battery Drain - HELP HELP PLEASE!!!Support

1. Bazzyg

Bazzyg Member

N7000
    ISC Stock Version

Hi everyone!

For the past week or so, the battery on my NOTE has been draining at staggering rates.

Basically, the discharge rate on my phone is approximately 1% every 2 mins. This means that after fully charged, my battery will only last for approx. 3 to 4 hours and that's while not doing anything on the phone, just having it idle and it's as hot as an oven in my pocket!!!

CPU SPY shows that most of the processor time is at 1400MHz and some at 200MHz, and of course, absolutely nothing on DEEP SLEEP.

Better Battery Stats shows that there is a Partial Wakelock on MAIL_SERVICE, but I don't think that is the main culprit, because I'm getting the same discharge rate even with everything switched off, WIFI/Network/GPS/POWER SAVINGx2/Screen Brightness at minimum. Even with all those settings enabled that way, the discharge is the same.

I tried a few things, like battery pull and reboot, flight mode enabled then a reboot, to prompt a deep sleep, discharging the battery until it switches off then charging it to 100% whilst off, but NOTHING seems to help.

Even after a battery pull, the battery seems to drain. For example, I'd remove the battery with 90% remaining and pop it back in and reboot and then it would show 80% battery.

I'm at my wits end pulling my hair out in frustration, close to throwing this over sized brick on the floor and stamping on it!!!

Basically, I'm only able to use my phone with a charger nearby. If I'm out and about, forget about it, I won't have a working phone after lunchtime. :(

Anyone have any ideas what could be the problem and any advice would be
    appreciated.

Cheers!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

Have you tried using another battery, just to test if it's your battery that's defective?

Examine your battery carefully and see if there are any deformities such as bulges etc.
  3. Jetmerritt

Jetmerritt Well-Known Member

Mine does that when I connect to LTE. I switched my carrier settings to HSPA only I think. They must have set up a new antenna in my town. I still haven't called my carrier to see what's up. My phone gets hot too.
  4. Bazzyg

Bazzyg Member

Just had a read through. Thanks.

I managed to fix the problem. For how long, I have no idea. But I turned off Calendar Sync for all exchange apps and that seemed to do the trick.

Phone is going into deep sleep when idle and hardly any 1400MHz use which means that the battery is lasting long, as it should.

I'm a happy bunny for now! :)

Maybe it's an ICS thing and hopefully with the JB roll-out very soon bugs like that will be fixed.

Cheers!