Insane LagSupport

Last Updated:

1. Marcbmann

Marcbmann New Member This Topic's Starter

I am aware of some threads like this one, but I haven't seen a problem this severe addressed. I regularly use a task killer to manage my memory usage. I know that programs are loaded in memory, and android will close programs to make room for larger ones. BUT, I went about 2-3 days without managing my programs. After coming out of school my phone was so incredibly laggy I couldn't unlock it. The slider would laggily (I doubt that's a word) follow my finger and then snap back to its locked position. I hard to restart my phone to make it usable. I'm 99% sure this isn't normal. Any suggestions? BTW, I'm NOT rooted.

Advertisement
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

1. no, that isnt normal. 2. delete the task killer and just try the phone without it. i know it feels like the phone runs better every time you use it, but i promise it'' run better still if there's no task killer.
    if the problem persists, do a factory data reset.

3. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

What else have you done? Uninstall any software that came with the phone? Using a different launch program, like Launcher Pro? Install antivirus?

There's usually more to the story.

4. Marcbmann

Marcbmann New Member This Topic's Starter

I have not rooted the phone, i have not removed any programs that came with the phone, and I don't even know what you mean by an alternate launcher. My phone is quite vanilla. I'll try to get along without my Task Killer, but i might start suffering from withdrawal :)

EDIT: I see no point in getting an antivirus program for my phone.

5. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

My phone has been getting more and more sluggish also. This has happened in the last two weeks. I am running stock Froyo and ADW. The only thing i did a few weeks ago was swap from LP to ADW just to see which i liked better. It was already a little sluggish before then but now it is bad. I can't even play Angry Birds the same as i could a few weeks ago. My screen lock has been severely sluggish for sometime now. I'm thinking of trying a FR.

edit* also i have never ran a task killer. I don't believe the hype in them. Never been rooted or ran an anti virus app either.

6. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Did you remove all of the apps and widgets from your stock screens before switching to ADW or LP?

7. trophynuts

honestly i don't remember.

8. Airmaxx23

The items left on your stock home screens are still running and can cause lag when using a different launcher. Just go to your stock UI and check, if there are items there remove them.

trophynuts likes this.
  9. john_ecko

john_ecko Well-Known Member

Did you add your facebook account to your phone? Deleting that will help improve the performance.

10. trophynuts

cool i will check my stock screens shortly.

my facebook account was already added to my phone. Why would i want to delete it?

11. Airmaxx23

You can use the Home Switcher app to easily change from one launcher to the other. Let me know if it helps.

12. trophynuts

i did have a lot of widgets on my factory screens. I got rid of them...went back to ADW and still sluggish. i'm thinking of doing a factory reset next.