• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Insane left-wing extremists to ban goldfish, circumcision

Someone should not have part of an organ removed for no reason (which causes damage BTW) because they were born into a religion.

Should FGM be legal?

What the hell is FGM?

Every time a person has surgery, damaged can be caused if the procedure is performed incorrectly. Circumcision does not damage the patient if it is performed correctly. Until a person is 18 years of age, their parents are in charge of making their medical decisions, as well as the freedom to instill whatever religion they wish on their child.

Upvote 0
What the hell is FGM?

Every time a person has surgery, damaged can be caused if the procedure is performed incorrectly. Circumcision does not damage the patient if it is performed correctly. Until a person is 18 years of age, their parents are in charge of making their medical decisions, as well as the freedom to instill whatever religion they wish on their child.

fgm is where people of the Muslim faith takes a little girl and cut her clitoris out so she will not be tempted to cheat on her husband nor be tempted to have sex before marriage.

I figure you have this wealth of knowledge that you would know this as its been in the news for many years.

Upvote 0
fgm is where people of the Muslim faith takes a little girl and cut her clitoris out so she will not be tempted to cheat on her husband nor be tempted to have sex before marriage.

I figure you have this wealth of knowledge that you would know this as its been in the news for many years.

If this is a part of the Muslim faith, I'll defend their right to practice this custom.

Upon further research, it appears that FGM is reversible.
Female genital mutilation reversal surgeries: Clitoraid announces second round in Trinidad

Upvote 0
From your own link.. ffs
All I remember is... having two ladies hold my legs while another came toward me with a razor," the woman wrote. "I struggled and managed to escape, but they came after me in the street and held me down again. I weep as I type this, because this memory is so horrible. I spent weeks recovering, with ropes tied around my legs."
support?

Upvote 0
The document that I live my life by (other than the Holy Bible) guarantees people the free exercise of religion.

So, yes, support.
Thankfully we live in a country of laws, not of individual ideas of religious morality. We are free to believe in the flying spaghetti monster or whoever we want, and the government is allowed to regulate the practice.

Gotta love a secular democracy!

flying-spaghetti-monster4444444444.png

Upvote 0
Thankfully we live in a country of laws, not of individual ideas of religious morality. We are free to believe in the flying spaghetti monster or whoever we want, and the government is allowed to regulate the practice.

Gotta love a secular democracy!

flying-spaghetti-monster4444444444.png

I never said that the government can't regulate the practice. Outright banning goes beyond regulation, however. I am taking a position that is completely secular. If I wanted to instill my religion, I would ban the above mentioned practices because they are not Christian in nature.

If you wish to worship a Flying Spaghetti Monster, I'll defend your right to do so.

Upvote 0
I never said that the government can't regulate the practice.
Actually yes you did. It was your second post in the thread:

There's one problem with your position. The 1st Amendment states the government "shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

This law will fall in court quicker than it came into existance.
This is the same post that several folks, myself included have provided corrections on which you have yet to acknowledge.

As for the other comment, Banning is a form of regulation, Albeit and extreme form. It is well within the government's power to enact, provided it meets the legal requirements to do it.

Upvote 0
Actually yes you did. It was your second post in the thread:

This is the same post that several folks, myself included have provided corrections on which you have yet to acknowledge.

As for the other comment, Banning is a form of regulation, Albeit and extreme form. It is well within the government's power to enact, provided it meets the legal requirements to do it.

You pointed to a post in which I quoted a passage from the Constitution. You haven't quoted where I said that the government cannot at all regulate practices.

A circumcision ban fails those legal requirements. I've stated what those are (the three-prong strict scrutiny test) so many times that I need not repeat it again.

I want to worsphip Isthmus for that awesome pic
To practice the religion I must rip the fingernail off every newborns left baby finger
okbyu?

The only newborn you'd have domain over is your own. One cannot circumcise another person's child without the parent's permission; likewise, you cannot rip another child's fingernail off.

Upvote 0
If this is a part of the Muslim faith, I'll defend their right to practice this custom.

Upon further research, it appears that FGM is reversible.
Female genital mutilation reversal surgeries: Clitoraid announces second round in Trinidad
So a religion rights comes first before an individuals rights? So a girl kicking and screaming NO I DONT WANT THIS!!!!!!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has no say in it becasue she was unlucky enough to be born in a religion that preforms this so she should just go with the flow.

Please dont tell me that you just put religions rights before an individuals rights? I never heard of a girl willingly wanting to have her clitoris cut out in the name of their god.

THought you said people could do whatever they want just as long as it doesnt harm another person. Now your saying you defend that right of a person to hack on a little girls private parts. I guess thats not painful for the girl.

Seriously you think the reconstruction surgery for the woman will be anything like if she never had her clitoris removied in the first place?

Upvote 0
You pointed to a post in which I quoted a passage from the Constitution. You haven't quoted where I said that the government cannot at all regulate practices.

A circumcision ban fails those legal requirements. I've stated what those are (the three-prong strict scrutiny test) so many times that I need not repeat it again.

The only newborn you'd have domain over is your own. One cannot circumcise another person's child without the parent's permission; likewise, you cannot rip another child's fingernail off.
But to quote the passage from the constitution you are saying you agree with what it says. So why quote something that you dont believe is right?:thinking:

Upvote 0
But to quote the passage from the constitution you are saying you agree with what it says. So why quote something that you dont believe is right?:thinking:

You seem to be overreaching what I said in order to make it sound more extreme than it actually is, as you have in other threads. I believe that the government cannot bar or create a substantial burden on a religious practice. I did not say that all regulation is off the table. That quote has and its scope have ben interperted as meaning various different things. There is no one way to believe that it is right.

Upvote 0
With so many real, pressing issues facing Kalifornia including bankruptcy, the people's republic of San Francisco is focusing on this non-issue?
Stay out of people's private lives where there is no compelling issue for government interference. The US needs to snap back to center soon before the hapless community organizer in DC and his ilk do any more long-term damage.

Upvote 0
With so many real, pressing issues facing Kalifornia including bankruptcy, the people's republic of San Francisco is focusing on this non-issue?
Stay out of people's private lives where there is no compelling issue for government interference. The US needs to snap back to center soon before the hapless community organizer in DC and his ilk do any more long-term damage.

But these issues are important to many people. Perhaps circumcision is more important than goldfish. That said, if too many goldfish represent an environmental problem, then it could concern many people.

As for circumcision, apparently they are trying to stop something that has long been a part of the Jewish Faith. Don't you think changing something like that is the business of the people? Change the Jewish way and why not the catholics or some other group.

And if it becomes easy to violate one's constitutionally guaranteed rights in this case, why not your rights?

Bob

Upvote 0
But these issues are important to many people. Perhaps circumcision is more important than goldfish. That said, if too many goldfish represent an environmental problem, then it could concern many people.

As for circumcision, apparently they are trying to stop something that has long been a part of the Jewish Faith. Don't you think changing something like that is the business of the people? Change the Jewish way and why not the catholics or some other group.

And if it becomes easy to violate one's constitutionally guaranteed rights in this case, why not your rights?

Bob

Agreed, the state needs to stay out of this issue. How people can allow their local government to exert so much control over the individual I have no idea.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones