• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Insanely Great Nexus Camera - "Just you wait and see"

Sensor size matters more than Pixel count. my 9MP bridge camera gives better results than a 14MP compact because the sensor is larger, so the individual pixels are also larger. this is most noticeable in more extreme conditions (Night and bright sunlight).
I've just started playing with HDR and the resulsts vary from natural to almost airbrushed bright colours. The Android PRO HDR Camera gives good (and in-App tweaking od images). oddly it works better on my HTC WFS than on my Xperia U where the results look a bit 'Over Processed for dramatic effect'

Upvote 0
Couldn't agree more.

I would love to see the 13MP cameras they are talking about. Certainly would be a bump up from the 5MP on my GNex :(

I would rather see an increase in the sensor size and the lens. You get more quality out of every pixel.

Now obviously, your never going to get DSLR quality. With those you can get very clear and decent shots WITHOUT flash indoors and nothing more than a modest overhead lamp. But improved indoor light sensitivity, and sharper images without post processing would more welcome then 14355433 MegaPixels.

If you need more megapixels, buy an actual camera.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones