• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BigJerm

Lurker
Jul 27, 2011
A couple issues I would like to get off my chest...

1. Why is there no notification for missed calls, emails, text, etc...? I have experimented with NoLead and it is very spotty... works sometimes and very delayed... any suggestions?

2. LG Optimus S 3G bandwidth is terrible... I am getting .01 - .02 Mbs (down) .05 - .06 (up) at best, very odd that they are inverted I agree, and when I call CS there is absolutely no support. I am told that it is the area I am in. When I speed check my "work" Verizon air card in the exact same location I get I get 1.9 - 2.1 (down) .8 - .9 (up). What the world is wrong with this equation? Any support from a person that has no "Sprint" company interest..? lol I recently took my phone to the repair store, and they are in the process of sending me the exact same peice of junk to see if it helps... Is this the definition of INSANITY???

BigJerm

1. My Optimus tells me when I have missed calls, text, etc on my notification bar. They are usually pretty good, and pop up quickly.
2. As for data strength and speed, it will sometimes give me trouble. Be very slow, or stop working altogether for a few seconds. I use an app called Restart Connections from the market, and it restarts both data and regular signals. Usually fixes any issues. Also when my phone starts getting troublesome I turn it off, pull battery for two minutes and reboot. That works well for me.

Good luck and hopefully the replacement will work as it should.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones