Insert SD Card before using??? WTH

Last Updated:

1. flairmedk

flairmedk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK so I bought an aftermarket SD card 4gb a few days after I got my Sprint Hero. I have been using it just fine till the other day when I really needed my camcorder / camera. I open up the stock apps and each says please insert sd card before using. No problems with the SD before this. I still can load things onto the SD card. Music still plays. Even added new music. Camera Magic app works fine too. Stock apps not so much. I have reformatted the card, power off and on the phone. removed the battery with the phone on and left it out for a few minutes. Any ideas as to what might be the problem?

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Try putting the card that came with the Hero in, are you getting the same result?

3. flairmedk

Yep the old card worked but it was still formatted from the short time I used it in the phone. So that does let us know it is not a hardware issue. Problem is that I have used the 4gb card in the past with no issues.

4. treborcj

If the old card worked and the new one doesn't, then it is a hardware issue.

Eventually things stop working. One day the car stops working and you say, well it was working before. Well now its not.

5. flairmedk

[/quote]Eventually things stop working. One day the car stops working and you say, well it was working before. Well now its not.[/quote]

I would hope you would not just leave it at that. I'm sure you would try and have the problem fixed if possible. Maybe it was only a .10 cent fuse for the ignition. The reason I say that is not to mock your post back to me but since the card works with everything else on the phone including Camera Magic, the music app, standard storage, etc. I have no problem using after market apps . Guess I could download a camcorder app. Still would like some help if anyone knows a fix our why this may have happened.

6. treborcj

Have you tried reformatting it?

7. flairmedk

Yep, I'm looking for a good camcorder app to test for functionality. Just seems like the stock cam /camcorder apps do not recognize that the SD card is installed.

8. treborcj

Haven't tried it myself, but I hear good things about fxcamera.

9. flairmedk

Thanks I'll check that one out. Guess I can call sprint service..we all know how that will go.