Inspire - Bugs, Issues, Quirks, Other Complaints?

1. Inspire4

Inspire4 Well-Known Member

Yeah in the case of the Streak that's a 5 inch slab of it which may make it more prone to breaking and with the iPhone 4 I know the screen itself is glued to the piece underneath in a unique way so maybe that's why it seems antidotally that more backs than screens have broke on the iPhone 4. I'm sure it does depend some device to device.
  2. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

This is the best phone I've ever used. It is remarkably stable and everything works well. I've had the phone since its release (a really long time for me to have a particular phone). I've recently fallen more in love since I've rooted and gotten into the hacks, mods, and roms :).

My only issue with it was the nature of the hardware buttons. I tend to like "clicky", defined buttons and HTC tends to make "soft" hardware buttons. I've since gotten used to it though. Oh, and the led light could be more visible. On the stock rom (green is the default) it is very faint. On the particular custom rom I'm using, red is the default, which has made it a lot better.
  3. rocknevious

rocknevious Member

It fell from my hand while getting out of my car. Landed face down on asphalt with no case on it. Suppose it could've hit a rock or something and that smaller impact area may have caused it to crack. The worst part is, I usually have it in a case on a belt clip, but I'd been trying out the case-free pocket method for about a week. Lesson learned: it will be in its case from now on.
  4. forddna

forddna Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your phone either way. That sucks.

Thanks, everyone, for the comments.
    charlotteart likes this.
  5. Kettir

Kettir Member

My wish list:
    - a louder speaker
    - recognize a busy signal (so I can use a redialer)
    - more RAM (I like to install apps on the phone, not the SD card)
    - a side button that can be programmed (I like having an actual button for taking photos)
    - it's hard to see in bright sunlight. Maybe some option that changes the screen colors so it's more visible in the sunlight.
  6. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

You mean more internal memory. RAM is what the phone uses to run/multitask applications. I forgot to add this to my wishlist. I agree, this phone definitely needs more internal memory for installed apps. This was one thing I missed about my Captivate. It had almost 2gb of application memory (compared to a little more than 1gb available in the Inspire).
  7. forddna

My Epic's internal memory is 512mb, so I'd be pretty stoked to have 1g. lol
  8. Pieserock

Pieserock Member

Speaker phone is useless ! Battery life kinda poor ! Cant see in direct sunlight ! No forward facing cam... but other than that I'm liking it coming from Iphone takes time !
  9. forddna

That's what's going to be so hard for me. The Galaxy S samoled screen is GORGEOUS, but it is also functional...no problems seeing it in full sunlight. I get a kick out of watching other people cup their hand around their phone, turn their back to the sun, etc, while I just pull mine out of my pocket and look..and see just fine..

It's a real bummer than we can't get all of these great things wrapped up into ONE phone. When it comes to hardware, apple rocks. Their stuff just works, and is beautiful..beautiful screen, excellent pictures w the camera, etc.
  10. Tware

Tware Well-Known Member

I wish HTC would get their act together and get the problems with HTCsense.com worked out. I consider that a inspire specific issue, since it was marketed with the phone. And has been hardly functional more than a day or two a week (or month).
  11. luvlyvanity

luvlyvanity New Member

I don't know if this is just my HTC inspire or not,
    but My "Voice Dialer" automatically opens on it's own
    when I plug headphones in, listen to music, or stream videos
    and what it does is searches through my programs,
    opens programs it shouldn't,
    makes phone calls to the last dialed number,
    and opens up my music player
    and speed shuffles through songs till it decides to play one...
    or if the music player was already open it skips through my songs...
    I'm beginning to think it's possessed...
    Could someone tell me if they've had this issue?
    I want to make sure it's my phone screwing up
    before I send it in for replacement
    and if it's not I'll ditch the phone for something else...
    (Really don't want to)

please if anyone knows anything e-mail me at
    Luvly_vanity@yahoo.com
  12. carson1

carson1 Active Member

The only problem I have with the crappy battery life and the ridiculous battery door which almost makes having a spare battery a waste of time.
    red65 likes this.
  13. dylando808

dylando808 Well-Known Member

yep battery life is also my biggest annoyance with this phone.
    i just wish HTC would put out an OFFICIAL extended battery for this phone. i don't really trust those third party manufacturers.
  14. forddna

Seidio makes them, just not for this phone. Well, I think they have one that is slightly bigger, but still fits in the stock door. If they (seidio) come out with a truly "extended" battery for this phone, go for it! They are BEAST.
  15. RigelX

RigelX Well-Known Member

The screen visibility (or invisibility) in bright light is my only complaint. I didn't realize, when doing my research, that this would come up as frequently as it does.
    The burn-in issue with samoled screens was one of the things that tipped me toward the Inspire...I didn't consider that they might be easier to see outside.
    Apart from that, the phone is everything I could have hoped for and more.
    I don't understand the issues people have with Sense. Their complaints seem very vague (doesn't work, is "intrusive", etc). I have no problems with it. Being my first smartphone, I suppose it's because I don't have anything to compare it to.
  16. forddna

Most people rave about Sense. To me, it's a pro, not a con, for sure, especially if you're comparing to Atrix and motoblur. I, too, would like to know what people don't like about it!!
  17. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

I was excited about sense but when i first got my phone i put lpp on it so I never really used htc sense lol. Although lpp is kinda sense like especially in the widget look/design
  18. telemore

telemore Member

Battery life isn't too bad for me...I'm coming from an iPhone 3GS and the battery lasts just as long so it's not a problem there...

I don't really have a complaint, running stock for the month I've had it. Everything is smooth. Going to root it in the morning (!)
  19. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, due to the design of the phone and battery door, we are not able to make a larger extended battery for the Inspire 4G.
    Doby45 and forddna like this.
  20. forddna

I thought about that after I posted. That does stink. I do know that for my phone, the one you sell to fit in the stock door is definitely a more efficient battery than the OEM battery. People should definitely consider the one you offer!
  21. 661guy

661guy Member

my only complaint is the no volume/speaker problem, god i hate it
  22. ultradroid

ultradroid So many android phones... VIP Member

23. rg7718

rg7718 Active Member

+1 on UD's post. You can download Volume + from the market as well. A good volume boost, but I still think the speaker sounds tinny. But definitely louder :)
  24. red65

red65 New Member

Let me first say that my first experience with Android was the Captivate. My DH and I got them and then he got his stolen so he got mine and I got the Inspire LOL!

I like the Inspire so much better but there are certain things I DON'T like such as horrible speaker quality and the fact that my SIM card door broke the very first time that my DH opened it (once out of the store). I like the 2.2 and the sideloading upgrade so there are good and bad things but bottom line is it is an upgrade. My son has the Atrix and I am NOT impressed! I'm going to get the SIM card door fixed and check out the volume apps mentioned then I think I will be happy again.
  25. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

if you call HTC they will send you a free sim card door and battery door.
    1-888-716-3594
    grapeknutz and red65 like this.