• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Inspire - Bugs, Issues, Quirks, Other Complaints?

Since the gingerbread update, I am having trouble with the default weather app. The home screen with Time data shows "No weather data available " whenever i am on mobile network... This problem never occurred when i was on Froyo. The manual refresh of the weather app does reflect the data but sometime later it looses it again. Did anyone else start facing this?

Upvote 0
I haven't been able to find much information on this, so it may be an isolated incident with me. Sometimes during normal use of the phone the screen begins to jumps around sporadically and if keys are present on the touchscreen then random keys will be pressed without any of my input. It does this for a bit or until I can force and shutdown or restart.

Upvote 0
today i had something strange happen for the first time.
Open my work email with the default email program. message lists look fine, but opening a specific email and the message does not show.
Then when i got to work i couldn't unlock my phone with the slider since the screen was frozen. 2 minutes later once at my desk, the phone was not responding at all.

I had to get the battery cover open (not easy) and pull battery. Seems ok now, but i got rid of my blackberry before because i was having to do too many resets.

Upvote 0
anyone having trouble with the wifi? my phone takes forever to connect to a router "stuck on 'determining ip address' " and when it does, it drops the connection within 3 minutes. I went through my battery in 1/2 a day because it was always dropping and taking a ton of juice to reconnect. Just seems after 2.3 it takes longer to connect to wifi. tried restarting but no dice. Probably just my phone :/

Upvote 0
The battery issue is cheaply resolved. hop on ebay, i was able to buy 3 new 1600 mhz batteries for $11. thats 40% more battery life. I am a newbie to the Android OS, coming from an iPhone to this though was one of the best decisions in tech that I have made. I hated itunes and all the rigidity that was apple. Now if HTC could just get off thier butts and find a way to make my bluetooth recognizable i would be truly blissfull!!

Upvote 0
Four months after coming over from an "outdated" BB Curve 8310, here's my two cents. I know some of this has been addressed but I'm firing off anyways...

1) Battery life sucks despite shutting off every non-essential function, and downloading "Juice Defender" and "Battery Dr." I still only average about 5 hours before the phone is dead

2) Ridiculous amount of dropped calls despite showing 4-5 bars of signal strength.

3) Screen freezes-Started with "Live Wallpapers." Once that was resolved then this crappy Gingerbread update comes out and every so often the screen freezes and I have to re-boot it before it'll work. I've done this at least three times today alone.

4) Speakerphone volume is ridiculously low.

5) Shouldn't have to hold the phone a certain way up to your ear just to hear the person on the other end, or hold it so that the phone is almost in your mouth so that they can hear you.

As I said, I switched to this phone from a BB CUrve and in all the time, I had it, I never had these issues. Matter-of-fact, I can count on one hand how many times that phone dropped calls. Just seems that some of this could've been worked out before they released the phone and all of these updates. Kinda frustrating.

Upvote 0
Since the gingerbread update, I am having trouble with the default weather app. The home screen with Time data shows "No weather data available " whenever i am on mobile network... This problem never occurred when i was on Froyo. The manual refresh of the weather app does reflect the data but sometime later it looses it again. Did anyone else start facing this?

Yeah I have that issue as well, and it started like you said, after downloading the GB update.

Upvote 0
I don't know if this is just my HTC inspire or not,
but My "Voice Dialer" automatically opens on it's own
when I plug headphones in, listen to music, or stream videos
and what it does is searches through my programs,
opens programs it shouldn't,
makes phone calls to the last dialed number,
and opens up my music player
and speed shuffles through songs till it decides to play one...
or if the music player was already open it skips through my songs...
I'm beginning to think it's possessed...
Could someone tell me if they've had this issue?
I want to make sure it's my phone screwing up
before I send it in for replacement
and if it's not I'll ditch the phone for something else...
(Really don't want to)

please if anyone knows anything e-mail me at
Luvly_vanity@yahoo.com

Yes voicedialer does come on when speakers are comnecredI.downloaded app toggleheadset2 fixed the issue

Upvote 0
I've had a ridiculous amount of issues with my HTC Inspire. Starting with the fact that my phones market thinks its a Desire, and in Canada. And the help line basically told me they had no idea what to do.
Also the phone constantly freezes, auto restarts, and the screen flips out. Besides that the battery life is terrible and quickly declining.
I have NO idea what to do, is Root really a good choice??

Upvote 0
I've had a ridiculous amount of issues with my HTC Inspire. Starting with the fact that my phones market thinks its a Desire, and in Canada. And the help line basically told me they had no idea what to do.
Also the phone constantly freezes, auto restarts, and the screen flips out. Besides that the battery life is terrible and quickly declining.
I have NO idea what to do, is Root really a good choice??

I rooted and it fixed battery life and a few other simple issues, the freezing was not fixed, and the keyboard freezing didnt fix either. I am on my third replacement, which is supposed to arrive today, if it sucks im going to just ask for a replacement other device, or an early upgrade.

Upvote 0
I am on my second brand new Inspire, replaced the Sim Card... first phone was worse at it holding on 1 bar.. this one varying with 2. I love the overall phone LOVE IT! But if they cannot figure out the call problem, ill have to get the IPhone 4 due to company calls. I'd try another new one. This one has til Friday to take work calls. If not its gone.

My mother, brother & I all have Inspires and all have this problem as well. It is fine out and about but at home...nothing! We were told we could get a free AT&T router booster thing for our home but when we called to get one they said it wasn't free (though 3 different people I know got free ones due to lack of service in their house)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones