• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Inspire or captivate?

That doesn't make any sense at all. If you go back to the Captivate, then your returning to essentially the same thing. However, in order to access H+ network on the Captivate, it needs to be rooted. The Inspire obviously doesn't need rooting to access the H+ network, because it is enabled. It's the upload speeds that are capped, but it should be soon when users will get full access. How soon? I have no idea. No one really knows.

There is no reason to go back to the Captivate. Unless of course you miss the Super AMOLED screen, and the weight and physical size difference.

Upvote 0
I have both and the Inspire is so much better than the cappy even w/o the "4g" The only reason I would consider returning the Inspire is if they release an HTC phone that is LTE compatible, but that could take a while and I will prob be ready for another upgrade by then. Personally, I love this phone. It has so much more to offer than the captivate, I won't go into detail but check out all the forums and you'll find some amazing tips and tricks!

Upvote 0
I had the Captivate and I loved it too....unto I got the HTC Inpire 4G. This phone is one of the best phones I ever had before. The HTC phones are user friendly and easy to use. It has more features than the Captivate and HTC keeps their phones up to date with the latest OS for them. Not like Samsung who will wait months before updating their devices.

Going back to the Captivate would only upset you more because of the lack of features, the slowest, and the smaller screen size.

Keep the Inpire, you won't be sorry.

Upvote 0
I had the captivate...inspire blows it away in every way except two. The speaker is better on the captivate(but with headphones in on the inspire, it is AMAZINGLY better sound quality) and the super amoled plus is more gorgeous than the inspire lcd. But the inspire is a very nice display...

Agreed. using speakerphone on my captivate is def better than my inspire. oh and the GPS is flawless on my inspire. I thought that the 2.2 update on my captivate would fix it but i was sadly mistaken. while it is a tad better it is still inaccurate. swype on the captivate was great, thank the lord someone on this forum figured out how to side load it cause im loving it on my inspire. battery life is maybe a little bit better on my captivate but that might be bacause i use my inspire way more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones