Inspire randomly shut down, had to pull battery to restart.Support

1. Clemson91

Clemson91 Member

Hey all,

I've been lurking, but this is my first post.

Got an Inspire on launch day to replace an iPhone 3GS.

I really like the phone, but had domething strange happen today:

After using the phone this morning I locked it and placed it on my desk. About 45 minutes later I went to use it to make a call and it wouldn't come back on (battery had been at 69% the last time I checked it).:( Just had a blank screen. Not knowing what else to do, I pulled the battery out and the phone restarted and appears to be working normally now (Battery showed 69% after the battery pull).:confused:

Has anyone else had this happen?

I haven't dowloaded many apps (ESPN Scorecenter, Directv, Fandango, Weather Channel, Lookout Mobile Security) and only one additional widget (HTC Battery Widget). All of these things were dowloaded on launch day and I didn't change anything today.

Just want to make sure I don't have a defective phone.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. kb58

kb58 Well-Known Member

Sadly, like all smartphones, they just do that sometimes.
  3. Clemson91

Clemson91 Member

I've had multiple smartphone on multiple platforms (Blackberry, iOS, etc...) but have never had this happen before. This is my first Android device.

Seemed odd that it would just randomly shut off after 9+ days of use (and I shut my phone off every night before bed) and then not restart until the battery was removed.
  4. josh_ww

josh_ww New Member

were you able to solve the problem??
  5. tavuslokus

tavuslokus New Member

Interested in knowing the ans. to the last question.
  6. punkingirl

punkingirl Member

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd respond if only for otHers who might do a search about this problem.

I got my refurbished inspire two months ago. Maybe 3. Weeks or a month after I got it, it started sometimes shutting off when I tried to use the camera flash while the battery was low.

Gradually, the problem got worse, until I could only use the flash if my phone was plugged in. After the problem began to expand to include shutting off unpredictably and having an incredibly short battery life, in spite of keeping a tight reign on running apps, etc., I decided to go into the ATT store for some help and maybe a new battery.

The store didn't have my battery in stock, and the guy I talked to said it sounded like something was wrong with the phone, not the battery. He told me to call ATT warranty.

The girl I talked to there said she'd send me a new battery and that a hard reset should fix the random powering off problem that she believed to be from a corrupted file or something.

Well, the hard reset proved horrible advice. After the reset, I went from having slowly worsening issues........to only one day later.......my phone wont stay on at all, unless its plugged in. It will just power up, then immediately power back off.

ATT is now sending me a replacement phone.

I don't know what any of this indicates; I just wanted to write it so others having similar issues could see others have had these issues.