• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Instagram just went live

I have an update for this app... Anyone have an idea what the update is for?

Here's the screen capture of the change log.

Mostly bug fixes.

Attachments

• CAP201204050824-1.jpg
    CAP201204050824-1.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 31
Upvote 0
Make sure your app is up to date. It should be version 1.03. I had issues accessing the push notification options too but after I updated I was able to change them.

Hm. I updated the app, but I cannot seem to turn off push notifications either. I'm on the Samsung Infuse.

This is rather annoying as I am pretty certain it is draining my battery pretty quickly. I lost about 30% battery life over night when usually I lose maybe 5-8%.

Upvote 0
Eh, criticism is expected for anything.

Personally, my Wife & I are both really enjoying Instagram with our friends. It's pretty cool! I just wish we had the "Tear Drop" or "Water Drop" blurring feature the iOS App has. I hope it comes in a future update =)

Is that the tilting thingy that every Iphone user that I know says that I don't have? haha.

Upvote 0
lol yeah! All my iOS friends are bragging that it's the last bastion of (quote) "iPhone's Instagram superiority over Android"

::: insert picture of me here rolling my eyes :::

I wish people could just enjoy their experiences without having to diminish other people's experiences to do so. Same goes for the old SLCD vs AMOLED debate... and really the same goes for everything in life...

Upvote 0
I felt obliged to create an account on Instagram, so I posted my first picture.

Instagram

I really can't see the fuss. It's just a picture of a chocolate Easter bunny and my HTC One X - but run it through one of the filters and it looks super classy. :)

So it says; "a fun & quirky way to share your life with friends through a series of pictures. Snap a photo, then choose a filter to transform the look and feel of the shot into a memory to keep around forever."

Erm, what's wrong with taking a really high-quality, properly exposed, photograph that will look far better in the years to come?

I bet there are people who take pictures of their new born children and their wedding day with Instagram. How sad!

Reactions: xmr405o
Upvote 0
I felt obliged to create an account on Instagram, so I posted my first picture.

Instagram

I really can't see the fuss. It's just a picture of a chocolate Easter bunny and my HTC One X - but run it through one of the filters and it looks super classy. :)

So it says; "a fun & quirky way to share your life with friends through a series of pictures. Snap a photo, then choose a filter to transform the look and feel of the shot into a memory to keep around forever."

Erm, what's wrong with taking a really high-quality, properly exposed, photograph that will look far better in the years to come?

I bet there are people who take pictures of their new born children and their wedding day with Instagram. How sad!

You know most of the people I know post their Photoshopped enhanced pix which is pretty cool. I mean they post their phone pix too but there are some really nice pictures in there. That's my opinion. I actually like your pic too. Now post a pic of your HTC one and hash tag it as #androidrules. :)

Upvote 0
Well I've had Instagram for just under a week now and I have to say I am really enjoying the community aspect of it. I would have liked the tilt shift effect that the iOS version has but it only takes about a minute to tilt shift something in PicsayPro and open it with Instagram (you can actually do that straight through picsaypro so you don't have to save and then re-open the photo afterwards.

I'm still a little underwhelmed by the filters but they do the job nicely so no real complaints there.

Upvote 0
So, I hear iPhone users are actually mad that we have Instagram now. And are actually tweeting stuff like "If you have an Android, don't follow me on Instagram" What a bunch of uptight losers.

iphone users can........never mind, ill be nice.

pixlr-o-matic and PIX do a better job than instagram. downloaded it...tried it..uninstalled it. was NOT impressed. not a whole lot of filters available. i really don't see what all the fuss is about with this app.

Upvote 0
I'm not impressed with the filters, but I do like the social aspect of it. Does anyone else have a problem with their camera being upside down? If I use the "Advanced Camera" in Instagram, the preview on my screen and the picture that is taken are both upside down.

This is the only camera app on my phone that is having this issue. It's kind of weird. It's not a big deal as I can just use my regular camera app to take the picture. :)

Upvote 0
I have the same sentiment that Instagram is worthless, and step backwards. I'm baffled this app. People bitch about the latest phone not being at least 8MP, presumably because they want the better camera. Then they use an app that applies a "filter" that alters and degrades the photo, and somehow it's the most popular camera app??

And I feel that iPhone user's reactions to Instagram's available on Android only reinforces that those fanboys are the source of hatred among the smartphone debates.

iPhone Users Are Disgusted By New Android Users Signing Up For Instagram [Humor]

Concur with this. I have Instagram on both my Android phone and iOS devices, just to see what the big deal was and to compare the differences. I seriously don't see why this is so popular?

And I am not sure who in their right mind cares if Instagram is on Android, Windows, WebOS, etc... i'm not even sure why it would be news worthy to report that fanboys were angry? Must have been a slow news day!

Upvote 0
Well, I downloaded it yesterday and I am enjoying the heck out of it! My previous knowledge started and ended at "Instagram, it exists" so I had no idea what to expect, but I like it. I frequently take snapshots of stuff that I proceed to do nothing with, but this is an excuse to actually do something with it. It has a kinda polaroid/romantic/vintage feel to it. ^_^ And the fact that a portion of the iCult is offended by my use of the network somehow makes it more hilarious.

And it is not really not about photography at all. Using twitter does not make you a writer, having 800 facebook friends does not make you popular and instagram does not make you a photographer.
It is about communicating with images.

Reactions: Colchicine
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones