Instagram on Coby Kyros Mid7042-4?

Last Updated:

1. BloomingFlower

BloomingFlower New Member

So, I've been dying to get instagram on my tablet. I tried downloading it as a apk file, but when I log in, it says "Error, please upgrade your Instagram app in the Play Store to log in to the service" Then I went to the Google Playstore website on my tablet and it says it's not compatible with my device. Which makes me really mad. Anybody know how to get Instagram on my device?

2. fightingirish

fightingirish Well-Known Member

It could very well be that it is incompatible with your device. I've seen that problem come up with a few devices. But I looked it up and it seems like it should be able to handle it.

Another option is using an alternative to Play, such as Amazon or GetJar.

If all else fails, you could do a Google search for "Instagram apk" (or whatever), download it on your PC or phone (if possible) and side-load it. Make sure you go outside of Google Play for your download. Granted, these are likely not 'sanctioned' sites, but it is a free app to begin with.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Well, from what I could see on the posted specs, the tablet in question does not have a GPU, and Instagram requires an OpenGL capable GPU, so no go. Even if you get the apk, it won't work.
  4. fightingirish

fightingirish Well-Known Member

Ahh, nice find. Didn't think of that. Just assumed an ICS tablet would at least be able to do something. Then again, we are talking Coby. Not exactly a high-end manufacturer (no offense to BloomingFlower).
  5. leslie05

leslie05 New Member

hi. how can i download Instagram in my tablet?
    pls Help me?