• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Instagram on LG Motion

Instagram on 4g on this phone simply displays horrible quality images, but when you connect it to wifi the images improve to good quality as in most top notch devices, ive heard its because of data speeds, but that makes no sense because my home internet and 4g speeds on the Motion are almost the same. So Does this happen to anyone else or just me?

Sidetracking just slightly (apologies, but may be relevant)...my speeds are pretty much the same at home on WI-FI as on 4G at work. Last weekend took my laptop into work and hooked up to the 4G WI-FI hotspot via phone. Surfed the net, watched YouTube vids - all worked fine, but I can't log on and play my online game...pee'd me off no end :mad:

Upvote 0
Instagram on 4g on this phone simply displays horrible quality images, but when you connect it to wifi the images improve to good quality as in most top notch devices, ive heard its because of data speeds, but that makes no sense because my home internet and 4g speeds on the Motion are almost the same. So Does this happen to anyone else or just me?

Instagram displays the lowest quality possible to conserve your data use on 3G/4G, and uses the highest quality possible on WiFi because its WiFi and is most likely unlimited ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones