Instagram upload problemSupport

1. bonjb

bonjb Member

I'm having problems when uploading a picture on Instagram. It gives out a distorted image (please see attachment). Before, after the second Instagram update if I remember correctly, I was able to upload images without problem.

Is there a way to solve this?

Android version: 2.3.6
    Baseband version: S5360DXLE1
    Kernel version: 2.6.35.7 dpi@DELL130#1
    Build number: GINGERBREAD .DXLE1
    Instagram version: 1.12

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. vonchi182

vonchi182 Well-Known Member

photos not taken with sgy camera will certainly have this problem...

the solution to this one is when use instagram try cropping the image to smaller size.. just do a trial and error. ^_^
    ninadchaudhari likes this.
  3. BramaRama

BramaRama New Member

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Ace phone and facing the same issue when uploading pictures on Instagram. The image appears as though it has been cut into pieces. I'm extremely frustrated and have tried various troubleshooting techniques like un-installing and re-installing the app, rebooting the phone, various trial and error methods.. but the issue still won't get fixed. The App guys are aware that this issue is limited to Samsung Galaxy Y and Ace users only.

Have tried to fill up the form they have put up on the Instagram Help page under the article "Images appear distorted/scrambled (Android only)".
  4. x0deano0x

x0deano0x New Member

i'm having issues when i try to add in my password so i can share the image on twitter . i put in the my login and password and it says my login and password are incorrect . yet i can login on the twitter page.

have a samsung galaxy mini2 (android
  5. Pomegranate

Pomegranate New Member

I have the same problem with my SGY!.. It's very frustrating for me, because I am a very active photographer!
    By "trial and error" I found out that problems occur when the photo has many details or has especially good quality (maybe the size matters?). And it always fails with Brennan filter...
    If I can't do anything, I just post it unprocessed - in most cases, it works... Or I take a photo, then post process it. But instead of "upload" I press return and check the Gallery. The postprocessed picture appears in the Instagram folder of my phone, and, if it's OK, I can upload it by "Upload from Gallery" option.
  6. Thanks for this tip!