• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Instalation unsuccessful fix needed

hiphonepro

Lurker
Aug 15, 2010
I am having a huge problem and I am obviously not the only one after googling the issue to no end only to be left with no solution. Ok so here it is.... I have froyo 2.2 and I decided to move all my apps from my phone to my SD card which was great my phone now worked at the speed of light and the internet was now even faster than that. I was in evo heavan. Then all of the sudden i could no longer in@tall most apps and games using any market or installer so I reflashed my phone and redid everything and without suprise those apps and games from before now installed. Before it was the triangle with exclamation point and a message " istalation unsuccessful" so I recently moved my apps all to the Sd again and exactly the same issue again... PLEASE HELP ME!! it must be an issue with the installer and the way my phone runs when I move the apps is so perfect I must have a fix plus I really do not feel like restoring again. Although I made a backup this time. I hhope you can help me and this thread makes it out to google for all those out there still l9oking because I simply do not think there is a solution and by the way I did try the clear the market cache and downloader thing several times.
thanks

I'm not sure if I can help you or not as I've never had the problem (am currently waiting on my class 6 sdcard to be delivered and then will ext partition and install apps on it) but i will try as i have a few ideas.
1. Did you move the market app to the sdcard? If so that could be causing the problem; perhaps its downloading the apk to the internal memory and since its on the card is unable to locate it.
2. What ROM are you using? I know on cm6 you can set where applications install to. If you can set that, try making sure it's set to either automatic or internal, then manually move the app to the sdcard after installing.

I hope this at least gets you going in the right direction. I don't know if it will or not as I'm 100% speculating based on my own logic, but i hope something good comes of it. Keep me posted I'm curious.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones