install adw via droidexplorer

Last Updated:

1. lemonada8

lemonada8 Member This Topic's Starter

what directory do i need to install it in? i have my phone in recovery i dont know where to put the apk... thanks!

Advertisement
  2. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

Huh? What exactly are you trying to do? It sounds like your trying to install ADW but I'm pretty confused as to why you are in recovery... Give some more info please. And whats droidexplorer?

3. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

Nevermind about droid explorer, I just googled it. But if you are trying to install ADW just download it from the market.

4. lemonada8

lemonada8 Member This Topic's Starter

i was in a force close loop with htc sense (the standard home app) where i couldnt get into anything at all... would start up say loading then restart... then the phone would restart... i found solutions saying to hit settings where i could clear the data from the app but i couldnt get that to work, it only went to the interent... i

i went into recovery thinking i could install a new home application from there but i was unable to... i was able to install a app thru droid explorer when the phone was in the lock screen... i installed the APK of ADW and it gave me a way out of the loop by asking me what home app i wanted to use.

I no longer have this problem and will post my solution to the ones already found with this problem.

btw droid explorer is awesome!

5. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Good to know :). BTW, you _can_ do what you were trying to do, but you'd need a flashable zip, not an apk. You can find modified versions of launcherpro, for example, on xda that come in a flashable zip format.