• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help install and run apps and games from sd card

shamsud

Feb 12, 2010
hi bought my i5700 a week ago android experience is pleasent previously an 5800xm owner
every thing was working fine but today my phone gives a warning regarding low memory i investigted lil and found that all my apps and games r installed in phone memory (i didnt get any option to install in memory card like 5800xm did)so my phone memory was almost full

did a lot of google search and came to know about apps2sd but dono how to use it on my i5700 so please anybody please give me a noob guide in english or redirect me to any english forum where i can learn procedure to install app2sd on my phone:(
p.s i have rooted my phone

ok finally manage to get it work here what i did

1. Install latest root kernel + update from here How to get Root on Samsung i5700 [EN] (02/10 - v.LK10)
2. Create partitions
- ext2 ~256 or 384 or 512MB
you can do it from recovery -> Partition sdcard (attention, all your information on SD card will be erase!)
3. Download update-APPS2SD-LK09.zip
4. Put it to SD card
5. Enter to recovery and apply any zip -> ]update-APPS2SD-LK09.zip
6. Reboot
7. Reboot again
that's all, every apps will move to SD ext2 partition

REMEMBER NEVER REBOOT UR PHONE WITHOUT MEMORY CARD

Attachments

• update-APPS2SD-LK09.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 472
Reactions: probbiethe1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones