• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Install Android on tablet PC?

thekingsteven

Jan 7, 2015
alabama
So I have a tablet I picked up for 50$ it has a removable keyboard and mouse, 3gb of ram 32gb memory and a USB slot 2 charger ports (for some reason). And lastly HDMI output. So my question is can Android be installed on it? Windows fails to reboot or be reloaded on to the system. I've all but given up on getting windows 10 back so i need to know is Android can be installed on the tablet. Just so you know the ssd has no operating system on it... or if I can't get Android is there another touch friendly operating system that can be used?

So I have a tablet I picked up for 50$ it has a removable keyboard and mouse, 3gb of ram 32gb memory and a USB slot 2 charger ports (for some reason). And lastly HDMI output. So my question is can Android be installed on it? Windows fails to reboot or be reloaded on to the system. I've all but given up on getting windows 10 back so i need to know is Android can be installed on the tablet. Just so you know the ssd has no operating system on it... or if I can't get Android is there another touch friendly operating system that can be used?
Is the SSD like completely erased, no recovery partition or anything, and it won't try to boot at all?

These Win 10 tablets have an AMIBIOS, that should be accessible by holding down on volume up or down and power. Which you need to do to get it to boot from a USB stick. The only Android that can really be booted and loaded this way is Android-x86, intended for PCs, which may or may not run on this device. Like you'd do it on a PC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
With these cheap Win 10 tablets, there is no visible product key as such, it's activated by "digital entitlement".
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-in-windows-10

So I'm not sure if you can just take Windows 10 ISO, install it on there from a USB, and it gets activated online somehow.

I've got a cheap Chinese Win 10 tablet myself, and there's certainly no product key license stickers anywhere. The one I've got it's working fine, and the restore partition is intact and can be used if needed. If I wanted an Android version of the same device or similar, I'd just go out and buy one, these things are cheap enough. I'm pretty sure they are the exact same hardware, however Android devices have a recovery and the Android OS is specifically built for that device by the manufacturer, and Win versions have a BIOS, just like you'd find on a PC.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones